View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2005, 11:16 AM
Thanks Mini could u PM the links please? I'd like to see the schnauzer site, and the supplier of the shears, even if they do look a bit scary!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-04-2005, 11:22 AM
Originally Posted by tuti
Thanks Mini could u PM the links please? I'd like to see the schnauzer site, and the supplier of the shears, even if they do look a bit scary!
will do shortly
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2005, 11:54 AM
Originally Posted by Minihaha
will do shortly
Cheers Mini

I'm a bit sad now cos this morning I was working on the top of Archie's head (LOADS of fluff there that needs to come out) And by mistake I left a little bald patch poor little man, he looks so silly now!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-04-2005, 11:51 PM
Hi Tuti not to worry it will soon grow You can remove a lot of the fluff be rubbing a chalk block into the coat and combing it with a really fine toothed comb (good guality comb with blunt teeth) the chalk makes the comb grip... then brush the chalk out well with a soft brush the site with the clippers also sells chalk blocks and fine combs.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2005, 11:58 PM
Originally Posted by Diane
just had to have a look when I saw the thread title, I thought you were gonna ask does it get tangled up if you wear a thong .....................
Are you looking for an answer to this question?? Not offering, just wondering!
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2005, 07:17 AM
Originally Posted by tuti
Cheers Mini

I'm a bit sad now cos this morning I was working on the top of Archie's head (LOADS of fluff there that needs to come out) And by mistake I left a little bald patch poor little man, he looks so silly now!

Awww, don't worry!
The first time I clipped Kingsley I nearly made a bald patch on his head, and his bottom had a bald patch! lol
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2005, 10:08 AM
Mini I finally had some time to read that page about grooming Schnauzers... It's great, thanks a lot!

there's some chalk and other things coming in the post this week, so I'll get working on that fluff! His body is starting to look really lovely, as all the fluff has come off and he's got his proper wiry coat coming through

Edit: forgot to ask do you use a coat king?
olive
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-05-2005, 10:17 AM
Hi Tuti, just catching up with this thread, I was a little preoccupied yesterday . Anyway, don't worry about the baldy spot, I still do it to poor Olive now and then. You must post some before and after piccies .
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2005, 10:21 AM
LOL my sister's bf got a pic on his camera and it looks terrible, because at the tips all the hair on his head is black, but the little fluff coming through on the baldy spot is a sort of blode/orange colour like your olive so it really looks very weird!!

Sorry but I can't post pics or people will think I've been torturing him!

Glad you had fun yesterday, how was olive in the pub?
olive
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-05-2005, 10:27 AM
Me again, just noticed your question on the coat king. Now I have never used a coat king, so can only say what I have heard. The coat king is known to cut some of the hair on wire coated breeds rather than strip it all out, therefore if the coat king was used long term it would have the same effect as clipping. Most good groomers and breeders do not recommend the coat king for normal grooming on a wire coat. However it could be useful for grooming an old or frail dog as it does not do as much damage to the coat initially, as clipping does. There really is no substitute for handstripping (I wish there was, it would make our job alot easier ) I have also heard some horror stories about the coat king, one dog ending up with a four inch gash down its back. One of the members of my Irish forum ended up with a very nasty cut to his finger while using a CK. If Archie Boy is a wriggler then I would be a bit wary of using a CK.

Olive loved the pub, made herself at home
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >