Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2007, 05:52 PM

Worming...how often?

Just got Cassie's Drontal Plus and know she's due for a batch now as I've put it in my calendar. Can someone just remind mewhen she'll be due again. Is it 3 months from now? It doesn't seem to say on the box and I can't remember for the life of me

Cheers,

Jackie
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2007, 05:56 PM
Yep, I worm mine every 3 months regardless. Some people dont or they wait for some sign of worms, but I'd rather play it safe, so i worm every 3 months
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2007, 05:59 PM
Originally Posted by Malady View Post
Yep, I worm mine every 3 months regardless. Some people dont or they wait for some sign of worms, but I'd rather play it safe, so i worm every 3 months
I thought it was 3 months. Thanks for that. I'd rather be safe than sorry. She arrived with us as a pup full of worms and I'd rather not have a repeat performance. Now if I can only get the tablets into her
Thanks Malady. xx
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2007, 06:03 PM
Put the tablets into a small piece of cheese or a cocktail sausage, that usually works.

I just lick the very end of my finger, stick the pill to the end tap my boys nose, he opens and I pop it in behind his tongue....lol My girl just eats anything, including tablets of any kind, it doesn't touch the sides ....lol

Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2007, 06:09 PM
We do ours every 3 months,

Never had a problem with giving it ours either, they think there getting a treat
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2007, 06:15 PM
Yep every 3 months from 6 months of age with Max I just tilt his head upwards while holding his top jaw which opens his mouth and put it to the back of his tongue. He used to take them straight out of my hand but he's a bit cleverer now
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2007, 06:20 PM
Originally Posted by Malady View Post
Put the tablets into a small piece of cheese or a cocktail sausage, that usually works.

I just lick the very end of my finger, stick the pill to the end tap my boys nose, he opens and I pop it in behind his tongue....lol My girl just eats anything, including tablets of any kind, it doesn't touch the sides ....lol

Originally Posted by Sal View Post
We do ours every 3 months,

Never had a problem with giving it ours either, they think there getting a treat
Originally Posted by Mummy2Max View Post
Yep every 3 months from 6 months of age with Max I just tilt his head upwards while holding his top jaw which opens his mouth and put it to the back of his tongue. He used to take them straight out of my hand but he's a bit cleverer now
All right all you clever clogs. So glad your dogs are so well behaved. We have to crush the flaming things and put them in marmite and bread I used to think I was getting the whole ones into her and I'd find it on the floor in the morning. Clever little moo!