Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2007, 09:24 AM

Rescued and loved

Reah came to me not by your usual rescue centre, but because of where I worked. She was brought in by her then owner, who confessed that she had been involved in a RTA, he HONESTLY thought that if he left her she would heal, needless to say she didn,t. After being admitted into the animal hospital it was found that her pelvis was crushed on one side, two broken back legs, and one broken front. The owner was given the prognosis-which wasn't good- and suggested that only an orthapedic vet might be her best chance of survial. Her owner went away to think, and decided to have her PTS. Luckily for her the veterinary staff (including myself) managed to get her signed over as a practice dog. Then our Boss came back off holiday and wasn,t keen on practice dog, thats when she became mine. I raised over £2,000.500 ponds by doing raffles, sponsered dog walk, car boot sales, TV appeals, she was on the ITV news, radio, etc., and TO ALL those wonderful people out there who responded I THANK YOU ALL. Reah has gone on with me for 7 years since her accident, still walks alittle oddly, But the skills of the team at Willows Veterinary Clinic here in Birmingham and those wonderful surgeons, Shes Brilliant. THANKS TO ALL
shaza
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2007, 09:47 AM
What a lovely story! Reah is so lucky to have found you! she will now enjoy and happy and fulfilled life in your care - Bless her! Well done you!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2007, 10:02 AM
Thnx she,s our baby
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2007, 10:09 AM
What a wonderful story, well done you and all your hard work in raising money for her ops!
Becky
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2007, 10:15 AM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
What a wonderful story, well done you and all your hard work in raising money for her ops!
Becky
Thnx Becky. Anyone needing to raise money for any rescue animal in simular circumstances I,m your girl. Worked in that area years ago Pull out all the stops Believe
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2007, 10:15 AM
How wonderful! i wish more ppl were as caring as you, that is such a lovely story, she sounds like a real star... xxx
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2008, 09:34 PM
reading about reah story brought tear to my eye ,so what you could say young stevie ,you turned out to be that girl guardian angel ,what agreat feeling to watch that baby live her life and its all down to you x
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

19-01-2008, 10:27 PM
Lovely story , well done to you and to Reah
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2008, 10:44 PM
Originally Posted by queenwillow View Post
reading about reah story brought tear to my eye ,so what you could say young stevie ,you turned out to be that girl guardian angel ,what agreat feeling to watch that baby live her life and its all down to you x
Thanks Queenwillow...........but when we lost Meg 16 months ago, (the worst day of my life) Reah was my guardian angel as she lay on the bed with me all day, never moving and resting her head on my neck. Over the last 7 years she has given love a thousand fold.......but best of all I am so proud of her for being such a fighter.
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2008, 11:17 PM
What a heart warming story. It was obviously fate the you should be together
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >