View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Katrina342
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-12-2006, 08:03 AM
The poor thing. I get so furious when I read things like this. He has a beautiful face, I hope he finds his forever home soon.
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-12-2006, 08:14 AM
Ba**a**s..... somebody wants to leave those people outside with no food or exercise for a few months.. wee taste of their own medicine.
TR7_Ally
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-12-2006, 09:53 AM
What a beautiful boy, well done for getting him out of there. Some people should never be allowed to have dogs :smt021
Cumbrian Lass
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2006, 06:48 PM
Originally Posted by zepthedep View Post
hi
he has had a full check up from the vets and theres no obvious signs of illness , we will get a a better idea when the results of all blood tests are back, but indications show its just malnutrition [sp]. will let you know in a few weeks how he is doing
So glad that all seems OK with him. for a minute second, I wondered if there was something underlying with him medically, which would explain his state if owners weren't in financial position to vet him (This happens a lot, as you prob know), but upon hearing that this wasn't the case, I am so glad that you got him out of there! As Ian says, if only we could give them their own medicine..

So are you taking legal action against them for neglect? Or got RSPCA involved?

Roll on the welfare bill... Then hopefully, people like that won't get chance to do that to a dog!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2006, 07:26 PM
bless him, poor boy. It's going to be a good Christmas for him now though huh?
Well done you. Hugs to him.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-12-2006, 07:38 PM
poor boy....those eyes are heart breakers.
i am sure with your love and attention he will learn what are the finer things in life.
zepthedep
Dogsey Junior
Male 

01-12-2006, 07:52 PM
Hi All
Sad thing is we cant do anything , we have no powers like the RSPCA, and they would find it hard to prosecute ,i would have to have, left him with the the owners,[ which i was not prepared to do] then reported it to them, then waited for them to investigate etc. In cases like this, believe this or not, it goes in thier favour they offered to give up ownership. Maybe under the new bill it might be easier, I dont realy know, suppose we will have to wait and see .
barneys mum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-12-2006, 08:35 PM
Originally Posted by leo View Post
poor boy....those eyes are heart breakers.
i am sure with your love and attention he will learn what are the finer things in life.
Me Too---Aileen
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2006, 01:11 AM
Good for you Jon, this dog is in the right place now, can't wait to see the improvement in him. Have you considered changing his name, a new name and a new life? We tend to change names so that the dog does not associate bad experiences with being called. We never leave any Rocky, Tysons or Bruno's although I wish I had a pound for everytime someone said " We called him (Boxer) Tyson (or Rocky or Bruno) after the Boxer because he's a Boxer".

Keep us posted on his welfare, I bet he comes on in leaps and bounds now with a bit of TLC, a warm bed and good food. These dogs don't ask for much do they? Give him a hug from Boxer Rescue.
zepthedep
Dogsey Junior
Male 

02-12-2006, 10:35 AM
Hi Karen
his new name is Milo, Im firm beliver in a name changes for the dogs, as you say a new start and all that, but mostly imo it goes to helping to stop reminders of past life, most people will call the dogs name or say a certain word just before hitting them or chastising them , i think alot of the time the dog makes a conection to the name/ word and punishment. We only ever pick soft names ,if you know what i mean.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >