Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2005, 01:12 PM

Labrador cross dog...

OK... I don't want to do this.

My parents found yet another poor lab cross that had been dumped by the road in West Cork, Ireland. This happens all the time - and they can't not take the dogs in, at the same time, they can then never rehome them, but this one really doesn't get on with the two labs they have already. The only rescue center that's any good (run by two lovely neighbours of ours) is full to explosion no surprises - and my parents - at a loss, are saying that they'll take doggy to the Cork SPCA (where he will most likely - if reports of this place are correct - be PTS). I am NOT about to let that happen so I've said that i'll have him, and will pick him up when I go to visit them next month.

I don't want to rehome him as I love having dogs around - but right now as students we don't have a lot of time money etc for any more animals - what with the rats et al. I can figure out a way to keep him probably - but it simply isn't fair on him. He's not as big as our other two labs - and I am sure my parents would help pay for food vet bills etc - but I wanted a pointer pup so badly next year, and I'm not sure that this would be right for me or the dog to keep him.

Added to that - there's the very real possibility that my landlord would go mad, He's OK with having one room in the house solely for rats and chinchillas and guinea pigs, but I think he'd flip if we got a dog too. so I am going to HAVE to pass him on. i would like him to go to a home nearby so I can make sure he's ok and see him now and then - or failing that someone online who can send very regular updates. I ALWAYS insist on people signing contracts and a donation will be required as I don't believe in throwaway pet syndrome. This donation will go towards caring for the rescue rats we have and any other poor dumpees we should find in Cork. I hate the world I live in.

Anyway - if you are interested please leave a reply or PM me. I don't know what he's like nor do i have fotos - but my parents say he's wonderful. If you think you'd take a chance on an unknown beastie who needs you - then please let me know.

OH i don't want to do this.

xx
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-09-2005, 02:31 AM
Any luck with finding him a home Zoundz?
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2005, 05:48 AM
I'm sorry soundz Wish you well with it.
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2005, 06:06 AM
I couldnt do it if it was me either. So I totally understand...

Have you heard from anyone, who might be interested?

Poor doggies being abandoned like that in the first place. Your parents are so good to help.

Hugs to them and to you.
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2005, 07:19 AM
Any update on the poor doggies?
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2005, 08:13 AM
ooo not noticed replies - first none - then loads!
Well - it's not too bad - there's someone who lives nearish to me, who came round to visit and I told her about it and she just happened to be looking for a dog - so she thinks she'll have the little chap.

Fingers crossed he's suitable - as she has a 4 year old... so I hope he's very good with children. still - I shall keep you posted.

thanks all for the concern and well wishing
xx
Emm
Dogsey Veteran

20-09-2005, 09:17 AM
I hope it all works out for the poor dog - and its great you care so much
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2005, 10:38 AM
Well - my caring nature means I may well be landed with this boy.

Would anyone here be able to help rehome this lad - or offer him a forever home? I don't think it WILL work with the person who had already asked - as it turns out back in Ireland - wee chap has been getting quite growly with my little brother Christy. I would be worried about him going to a family with children no matter how good the children are. He also seems not to get on too wel with our two dogs - but I don't now whether that's him or ours starting it. :-S I really can't keep him - as landlord won't allow dogs - he's good enoug hto let us convert one bedroom into a rat room - so I can't push him.

If anyone can help please do, or if anyone can advise a good rescue round this area - who doesn't pTS. thank you.

xx
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2005, 12:24 PM
Have you tried Many Tears Rescue, Carmarthen I think they are
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2005, 05:41 PM
I know of them - and would be happy to take him there - if they are good?

xx
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >