Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2009, 12:17 AM

Question for Borderdawn - terrier racing

Hi Dawn, I have been mooching around a few sites, including yours, as I would like to have a go at racing Rogue when she's older. At what age could a jacky start racing? Some sites mention puppy classes - do Ellesmere port do these, or would I be best to wait till she's a year old?

Thanks!
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2009, 02:00 PM
Sorry, only just seen this.

She could do the sprint which is what the Terriers do at around 7mths. Probably alone to begin with, but she should be fine as small dogs have done most of their physical growing by then. It starts again in march, Ill be taking Livvy so maybe they could have a puppy gallop together.
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2009, 04:06 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Sorry, only just seen this.

She could do the sprint which is what the Terriers do at around 7mths. Probably alone to begin with, but she should be fine as small dogs have done most of their physical growing by then. It starts again in march, Ill be taking Livvy so maybe they could have a puppy gallop together.
Sounds good. We'll definitely try it. They do all breeds don't they? Might bring my Mum's BC too. Won't bother will the Estrelas- they are really fast but on their own terms!!!!
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2009, 04:07 PM
Yes, any dog welcome.
border pop
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-08-2010, 09:29 PM
Bumping this thread, hope you don't mind I was just wondering when the next 'meet' was, thanks.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2010, 05:56 PM
The next meeting at Ellesmere Port is Sunday 5th September. Racing starts at 1.00 pm and entries taken from 12 noon.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2010, 06:14 PM
We put Parker in terrier racing twice-he just managed to squeeze into the box! He ran the wrong way as the Jack Russells in the race were really feisty!