Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ziva
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-08-2009, 06:30 PM

Help Get Shelter Dog Sarka Walking Again

As alot of you know, I live in Bulgaria and work very closely with the BSAPP animal charity in Sofia which is a registered charity, helping the street dogs of Bulgaria. Just recently I volunteered to become their "special cases unit" which started with the successful homeopathic treatment of their severe mange case Shaki (details of her success here: http://www.straydogshelter.org/mange.html)

Shaki's case was a lead in for me to ask for Sarka, a dog that BSAPP have had for the last 3 years, who was so badly beaten at 7 months old that she's lost the use of her back legs. BSAPP have tried various conventional treatments to try to get her walking again yet have had no success and as a result have only been able to provide comfort and support for the last 3 years.

I have now collected Sarka and she's come to our home so that I can focus on trying via homeopathy and swimming to get her back onto 4 legs again.

Unfortunately, at this point, because BSAPP have had an influx of stray puppies and kittens, there are few funds available to finance Sarka's needs which is why I'm writing this. We've put a special campaign page specifically for Sarka and Sarka alone on their website and have so far managed to raise 266 euros which is over half our target. Any donations would really be gratefully appreciated. She is a loving happy dog despite her disability and I really think she deserves a better shot at a good life.

Ordinarily I wouldn't come on here cap in hand, however current circumstances are such that we could really do with some help. Pictures and more information about her campaign is available at our website: http://bulgariadogs.com/wp/2009/08/c...walking-again/

Many, many thanks in advance.

Please do cross-post this wherever you can.

ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2009, 06:35 PM
I`d be happy to donate but the link isn`t working - it says page expired. Can you set up another so I can use Paypal?
Thanks
Ziva
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-08-2009, 06:42 PM
Thanks ever so Claire!

I think I've fixed the link now, if not here it is again:-

http://bulgariadogs.com/wp/2009/08/c...walking-again/
talassie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2009, 07:20 AM
What a very sad story. And she looks such a lovely dog. I have sent you a donation. Hope her treatment helps and she improves further.
Ziva
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-08-2009, 05:17 PM
Many, many thanks Talassie and everyone who has donated.

She is an incredibly sweet dog and really deserves this chance so I'm looking forward to helping her walk again.

I will of course also be updating Dogsey as to her progress!