Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2007, 12:23 PM

Gah! Next door's dogs again!

I had just put the boys brekkie down this morning, and was making myself some toast when I heard an almighty growl and squeaking form behind me.

Margie, next doors JR has escaped again and come into the kitchen and tried to eat out of Max's bowl

He had hold of her by her neck and was pinning her down to the floor. There was lots of growling from Max and squeaking from Marge, but he didn't actually seem to be biting her.

I got him off her by opening his mouth, and she got up and ran out of the house. I then had to restrain both Max and Murphy from chasing her (they had no collars on), and try and shut the back door from about 6ft away...

By the time I got outside to check for Margie (only a minute or so later) she had disappeared. I couldn't find anywhere in the fence and hedge she had got through.

I walked round to the front of next door to see if they were about, but their gates were shut, and as they're electric, you can't open them manually. I couldn't hear the neighbours in the house or garden either.

I assume they'd got up, let the dogs out and gone back to bed

Of course, after the indcident, Max was wired and was bounding up and down the fence line all morning. Neither of them ate their breakfast
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2007, 01:24 PM
Oh dear, poor Margie... hope she's none the worse for it. And there she was thinking she'd copped some free food!
Your neighbours need to take more care.
pam2
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-10-2007, 08:11 PM
Your neighbours are a nightmare! You have to wonder why they have dogs at all
Maybe the JR will have had such a fright, she won't be back for a while.
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2007, 08:23 PM
next time hold her ransom or hand her over to dog warden...they they will have to pay to get her back.... may make them think again about not taking good neighbours like you for granted!
Dee1974
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-10-2007, 09:10 PM
Imagine calling a dog Margie Poor little mite thought she was gonna have a free breakfast: well she got more than she bargained for she nearly became the breakfast

I agree with previous poster I often ask myself why on earth some people have dogs. Then again I usually ask myself how on earth were those same people allowed children!!