View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2012, 02:14 PM

How are your dogs enjoying the warm weather?

Or not enjoying it if that is the case?

Mine flick between roasting themselves sunbathing and lying comatose on the floor. It is very nice them not bothering me to do something as they are too hot to bother -- bliss!
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-05-2012, 02:17 PM
Both restless ....
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-05-2012, 02:18 PM
Struggling
louise!
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-05-2012, 02:18 PM
She's coping much better than I am She's decided it's way too hot for a proper walk though and gives up after 5 minutes of running around and just lies in the shade and has to be revived with frozen carrots when we get back home
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2012, 02:20 PM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
Both restless ....
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Struggling
Oh dear, poor Boxers. Stay in the shade!
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2012, 02:25 PM
Tuesday and Wednesday when temperatures were in the 30s Spen just lay around and did nothing. Today we're down to mid 20s and he's back to his usual self.
PB&J
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2012, 02:32 PM
Gelert seems to be enjoying it! It's too hot to walk him but he's currently pootling around the garden with one of his toys - which has been dunked in the bucket of water I put out for him. He's had a frozen Kong and been bobbing for treats Time for an enforced nap soon, I think!
Last night though I took him out at about half ten and it was so muggy - he was panting like mad so we didn't even stay out that long.
Roofs
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-05-2012, 02:34 PM
I took him out for a 5 min walk at lunch time and he kept stopping to roll, he's not a fan of the heat but gets walked in the morning and evening when it's cool instead and he does enjoy lying on the lawn having a good chew of something.

Thankfully our cottage stays lovely and cool so he's fine indoors.

I just hate taking him in the car, I travel him with water now and shades on the windows but it's so blinking hot in there.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2012, 03:11 PM
Originally Posted by PB&J View Post
Gelert seems to be enjoying it! It's too hot to walk him but he's currently pootling around the garden with one of his toys - which has been dunked in the bucket of water I put out for him. He's had a frozen Kong and been bobbing for treats Time for an enforced nap soon, I think!
Last night though I took him out at about half ten and it was so muggy - he was panting like mad so we didn't even stay out that long.
Yes it is still warm even after dark. Lovely for sitting in the garden though.

Mine go out late in the evening too. You also avoid the fair weather folk that way which is a bonus.

Originally Posted by Roofs View Post
I took him out for a 5 min walk at lunch time and he kept stopping to roll, he's not a fan of the heat but gets walked in the morning and evening when it's cool instead and he does enjoy lying on the lawn having a good chew of something.

Thankfully our cottage stays lovely and cool so he's fine indoors.

I just hate taking him in the car, I travel him with water now and shades on the windows but it's so blinking hot in there.
I avoid the car with mine when it is hot. I don't have air conditioning so it wouldn't be fair on them. When the air is muggy even having all the windows down does nothing but blow hot air in, so I'd get paranoid if we had to stop or broke down.
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

25-05-2012, 03:12 PM
Not at all She had an operation on Tuesday so she's on bed rest & isn't allowed outside unless on a very short lead. I can't believe it's the one nice bit of weather we have and she's missing it
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >