Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Daysleeper40
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-04-2006, 06:18 PM

Your best live music experience??

So I was just listening to some music and I came across the White Stipes live performance of Jolene and I remembered how FANTASTIC it was hearing this live at Reading festival a few years back!

Everytime I hear it it takes me back to being stood in that field surrounded by hundreds of other festival go-ers in what I like to call a heightened state of emotion (ok I was very drunk!) and singing along at the top of my voice, loving their version, with no worries about what anyone thought of me... just having a GREAT time with my friends... going back to our camping place and sitting round the campfire with a guitar and singing along with my mates... wicked fun!!

So has anyone else got a live music experience that stands out??
minda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-04-2006, 06:31 PM
I can't think of one experience in particular but music does always sound best at festivals - surrounded by friends, a tasty (if overpriced) veggieburger keepng your hands warm and a night in a cosy tent to look forward to. Lovely. I'm getting a bit old for festivals now (I like my toilets clean, indoors and lit up enough to avoid falling in) but I did used to enjoy them.

In my younger years I used to really love "megadog" nights (Anyone under the age of 30 probably won't know what I'm talking about here). Everyone used to get really dressed up in outrageous costumes and the atmosphere was amazing.

Sigh, feel so old now...
angelmist
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2006, 06:47 PM
Marilyn Manson and Disturbed, they put on fantastic stage shows. I've seen them both a few times and everytime has been fantastic.
Daysleeper40
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-04-2006, 06:52 PM
slightly off the point but have you seen Bowling for Columbine - Marilyn Manson says some very insightful things. I don't much like his music but the man talks sense
Stewart
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-04-2006, 06:59 PM
Originally Posted by Daysleeper40
slightly off the point but have you seen Bowling for Columbine - Marilyn Manson says some very insightful things. I don't much like his music but the man talks sense
Michael Moore said he was the most sensible person he spoke to during the filming
angelmist
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2006, 07:38 PM
No I haven't seen it. I will look out for it.
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-04-2006, 07:43 PM
er-i saw BonJovi at the Monsters of rock festival at Donnington nearly 20 years ago and other than groups in pubs etc-thats it!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2006, 08:04 PM
Level 42, Mike Oldfield, The Hollies, The Four Tops, Mark King (solo), Sad Cafe, Mike and the Mechanics, Paul Carrack, Toploader - all superb, all well remembered, but boy, do I feel old.
Stewart
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-04-2006, 08:15 PM
Bon Jovi, Manics, Deep Purple, Extreme, Guns n roses, billy idol
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2006, 08:26 PM
the jam ................going undeground
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >