Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2010, 04:42 PM

I am fuming!

Hi,

Oscar plays football after school on a Wednesday. Well this mronming I forgot to give him his drinks for the game so I bought him 2 bottles of Tropicana Orange Juice from McDonalds in Yardley whislt out and dropped them off at school for him aroudn lunchtime.

I found out when I picked Oscar up after football that the nasty littel runt who has bullied him both physically and racially for 2 years now (and no doubt emotionally/psychologically) snatched the first bottle fo juice and admitted to taking the second bottle when Oscar went to the toilet.

So now at 6 years old this repulsive "child" (?) has progressed from racist bully to thief and robber. the fact that the first bottle was snatched form Oscar means that force was used. Therefore it was a robbery rather than a simple "theft from the person".

I have reported it to the school and have demanded the highest level of sanctions this time. I have also demanded that there is NO contact between the bully and Oscar. If they have to lock the little maggot in a dark cupboard every break time to keep him away from Oscar then so be it. I'm past caring what happens to him now.

I will also be involving the police. Even though they are both only 6 years old, I know the police have been to his house to speak with him before.

Can anyone think of anything I should say or do before the school get back to me? I know my perception of this is probably clouded due to me being emotionally invoovled with Oscar (obviously). But if I had my way, this bully would be found swinging from the oak tree outside the school gates!

Laura xx
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2010, 08:31 PM
Contact your Area's Education Officer if you feel the school are not acting appropriatley regarding the situation.
cava14una
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2010, 08:48 PM
I'd be furious too!!

Have you looked at this?
http://www.kidscape.org.uk/

Hope you get it sorted
Manyana13
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-10-2010, 08:58 PM
Thats just horrid.
I hope you get it sorted too and that Oscar is ok.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2010, 07:01 AM
Originally Posted by Stumpywop View Post
Hi,

Oscar plays football after school on a Wednesday. Well this mronming I forgot to give him his drinks for the game so I bought him 2 bottles of Tropicana Orange Juice from McDonalds in Yardley whislt out and dropped them off at school for him aroudn lunchtime.

I found out when I picked Oscar up after football that the nasty littel runt who has bullied him both physically and racially for 2 years now (and no doubt emotionally/psychologically) snatched the first bottle fo juice and admitted to taking the second bottle when Oscar went to the toilet.

So now at 6 years old this repulsive "child" (?) has progressed from racist bully to thief and robber. the fact that the first bottle was snatched form Oscar means that force was used. Therefore it was a robbery rather than a simple "theft from the person".

I have reported it to the school and have demanded the highest level of sanctions this time. I have also demanded that there is NO contact between the bully and Oscar. If they have to lock the little maggot in a dark cupboard every break time to keep him away from Oscar then so be it. I'm past caring what happens to him now.

I will also be involving the police. Even though they are both only 6 years old, I know the police have been to his house to speak with him before.

Can anyone think of anything I should say or do before the school get back to me? I know my perception of this is probably clouded due to me being emotionally invoovled with Oscar (obviously). But if I had my way, this bully would be found swinging from the oak tree outside the school gates!

Laura xx
The child's actions are completely unacceptable, but to be honest, I find this part of your post very scary....wanting to hang a 6 year old child for snatching and stealing?
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2010, 07:58 AM
To be honest I don't think Stumpywop is being serious. I know from experience when you get angry first you say all sorts of thing you regret.

I can understand where she is coming from cause I cannot stand bullies, especially ones that steal. But I don't think stumpywop would actually want to have the child hanged.

Seriously, Stumpy I really hope you get the issue with Oscar sorted out. It's the one thing I can't stand. We have two rules in our cadets that are set in stone. No bullying and no stealing. Both are dealt with very seriously, the OC has no hesitation in getting the bully de-kitted and sent home with a stern letter to his/her parents telling them exactly why the kid has been sent home. Stealing is also dealt with seriously, police are involved and everything.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2010, 08:34 AM
Its unacceptable I agree,however this child is only 6 years old and perhaps doesn't realise the consquences of his actions.

My eldest child Luke was bullied,he was hit,punched,had his coat flushed down the toilet etc etc.....He was around 8 or 9 years old I think,the child was never dealt with properly so I withdrew him from that particular school and a complaint was issued.

I have also had to deal with Tom my youngest,he was bullying other children when he transferred from primary school to high school - I was devastated to say the least
He actually injured two pupils,hit one with a brick and the other he stabbed in the hand with a pencil
He was part of a gang,this was unknown to me at the time and he was put up to stealing also, from one of our local super markets,the best bit he had the money to buy the sweets he stole that day
I took him back to the shop with the sweets he stole and saw the manager,he got spoken to, and was practically reduced to tears.
He was dealt with,he had his games console removed from his room and both school and myself,his dad, worked together in addressing the issues.
We also put a stop to him seeing the lads he was hanging around with on the way to school.
He has a statement of SEN and very immature for his age,it turned out that the kids he injured had provoked him and because he had no rules or boundries in place at break and lunchtimes and no one he felt he could go to for support,so without thinking about the consquences of his actions he hit out.
We still have issues with him accepting responsilbilty for his actions and this is an ongoing issue that is been dealt wth.He finds it difficult to channel his frustration sometimes,especially when other children are insistant on winding him up,purely to get a reaction.
He now has a time out card and if he feels he can't cope,he places that on his desk and leaves the classroom for 5 minutes to calm down.
I did keep in contact with his TA,the head of year etc and we did sort out his issues together,however it did take time.
We are still in regular contact with school,maybe once every couple of weeks,I am in close contact with his TA so any issues that may arise can with dealt with asap,rather than allowing them to esculate into something more serious.

Sorry for waffling on but I wanted to give you a view from the other side because it's all too easy to make assumptions without looking at the bigger picture.

BTW his statement is no excuse for poor behaviour,he knows that and knows that it will not be tolerated,by us as his parents and by school.
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2010, 11:19 AM
No I wouldn't hang a child. In fact, I wouldn't hang anyone. I wouldn't delierately hurt someone. But I don't regret saying it. I had to get it off my chest and evn though I'm calmer than I was last night, I'm still angry.

In the summer after the start of the holidays I had a long meeting with the head, deputy head and chair of governors who asked that I give one more chance to see how things pan out between them. I agreed because I had nothing to lose. We were supposed to be in Chichester by now so at the time it made no difference whether or not the 2 boys could at least rub along together or not. I should have known better.

But that's it. The last chance has now been blown. Their anti-bullying policy states :

"If bullying persists:
• The bully, or groups of bullies, will be withdrawn from the playground or
classroom for a period of time and their parents will be informed of the action
that has been taken. Done previously - clearly had no effect.
• Their behaviour will be monitored for a period of time so as to enable the
school and home to work together to overcome problems. Done previously - clearly had no effect.
Ultimately, an exclusion from school may be given if the bullying behaviour
does not stop – in line with the school’s exclusions policy
." This boy NEEDS to be kicked out of school. Whether a temporary suspension or permanent exclusion I'm not bothered with at the moment. But he needs to be away from children who he can hurt.

Just how long does Oscar have to be bullied for before this boy is kicked out? It's been 2 years now and this time I'm not letting it go.

The bully concerned does have behavioural issues but even though he's been educated in right from wrong (isn't that where all Catholic education starts off?? ) it just doesn't register with him; or so I thought. He doesn't do it to other children so to pick on one child means that he is aware of what he's doing and that it's unacceptable. Although I know nothing about child behaviour really so I'm happy to stand corrected.

Unfortunately, this bully lives with his grandmother (his mother died and his father left him). Although the situation is very sad for any child it's not Oscar's problem and I'm sick of the grandmother (who didn't really want him living with her anyway) turning a blind eye to his behaviour and assuming he can do no wrong.

If Oscar so much as looks at another child the wrong way I make him apologise.

This boy is scum and if this is what he's like at 6 years old, what's he going to be like at 15?

I'm going to stop ranting now because I can feel myself getting more angry again.

Oscar has dance club tonight and he has a big bottle of juice. I don't think the bully is involved in it. Well I sincerely hope he isn't. But we'll see later. it depends on whether Oscar has anything else taken, if he's called a "monkey" for having brown skin or whether he has red marks, scratches or bruising on his body from being hit.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2010, 11:31 AM
Originally Posted by Stumpywop View Post
No I wouldn't hang a child. In fact, I wouldn't hang anyone. I wouldn't delierately hurt someone. But I don't regret saying it. I had to get it off my chest and evn though I'm calmer than I was last night, I'm still angry.

In the summer after the start of the holidays I had a long meeting with the head, deputy head and chair of governors who asked that I give one more chance to see how things pan out between them. I agreed because I had nothing to lose. We were supposed to be in Chichester by now so at the time it made no difference whether or not the 2 boys could at least rub along together or not. I should have known better.

But that's it. The last chance has now been blown. Their anti-bullying policy states :

"If bullying persists:
• The bully, or groups of bullies, will be withdrawn from the playground or
classroom for a period of time and their parents will be informed of the action
that has been taken. Done previously - clearly had no effect.
• Their behaviour will be monitored for a period of time so as to enable the
school and home to work together to overcome problems. Done previously - clearly had no effect.
Ultimately, an exclusion from school may be given if the bullying behaviour
does not stop – in line with the school’s exclusions policy
." This boy NEEDS to be kicked out of school. Whether a temporary suspension or permanent exclusion I'm not bothered with at the moment. But he needs to be away from children who he can hurt.

Just how long does Oscar have to be bullied for before this boy is kicked out? It's been 2 years now and this time I'm not letting it go.

The bully concerned does have behavioural issues but even though he's been educated in right from wrong (isn't that where all Catholic education starts off?? ) it just doesn't register with him; or so I thought. He doesn't do it to other children so to pick on one child means that he is aware of what he's doing and that it's unacceptable. Although I know nothing about child behaviour really so I'm happy to stand corrected.

Unfortunately, this bully lives with his grandmother (his mother died and his father left him). Although the situation is very sad for any child it's not Oscar's problem and I'm sick of the grandmother (who didn't really want him living with her anyway) turning a blind eye to his behaviour and assuming he can do no wrong.

If Oscar so much as looks at another child the wrong way I make him apologise.

This boy is scum and if this is what he's like at 6 years old, what's he going to be like at 15?

I'm going to stop ranting now because I can feel myself getting more angry again.

Oscar has dance club tonight and he has a big bottle of juice. I don't think the bully is involved in it. Well I sincerely hope he isn't. But we'll see later. it depends on whether Oscar has anything else taken, if he's called a "monkey" for having brown skin or whether he has red marks, scratches or bruising on his body from being hit.
Hi Laura,
I understand your anger completely,just wondering if you know this childs grandmother ?
Shey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-10-2010, 12:15 PM
This is absolutely pathetic so what if hes 6 i totally agree he should be kicked out of school no questions asked. Persistant bullying obviously isnt going to stop when hes been told numberous times about it and i agree so much with u about what about when hes 15? he'll be ten times worse i dont know how schools can stand for this kind of behaviour to carry on

I hope things get better for Oscar he sounds like a nice boy who doesnt deserve any of this x
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 > Last »