Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2009, 05:39 AM

Morning everyone!

Morning all,

Friday at last. It’s going to be mental, but at least there’s the weekend to look forward to.

Have a great day, everyone, and stay safe

Today’s gem:
A photographer, who was also a confirmed atheist, decided to go into the woods to get photos of the fall foliage.

It was a beautiful day....fall colours, birds chirping, babbling brook, and a gentle breeze rustling the leaves.

While snapping shots, the atheist heard a noise behind him, and whirled around to see a huge bear coming through the bushes. He dropped his camera and ran. And kept running....... and looking behind him, he noticed the bear was gaining on him. He was so scared that tears came to his eyes. He ran faster, but the bear was closing in on him. He ran faster yet, and tripped over a root. Rolling over onto his back, the atheist saw the bear rise to his full height and raise a huge paw...... and the atheist cried out, "Oh, God, no!"

And everything stopped. The birds stopped chirping. The brook stopped babbling. The gentle breeze stopped. And the bear froze with his paw in the air. And the atheist heard a booming voice say, "Young man. For years you doubted my very existence, but now that your life is in peril you call my name to help you. Why should I do so?"

And the atheist thought for a moment, and said, "Yes, you are right. If you are God, then it would be hypocritical of me to become a Christian at this point in my life. But, do you think that you could at least make the bear a Christian for today?" And the booming voice was quiet for a moment and then said, "Done."

And everything started again. The birds chirping, brook babbling, and gentle breeze rustling the leaves. And the bear slowly lowered his paw.

And the bear put his paws together, and bowed his massive head and said, "Dear Lord, for what we are about to receive, make us truly thankful."
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2009, 05:58 AM
mornin
week-end whats that?? im soooooooo tired
have a good day all.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2009, 06:22 AM
Morning Cuz...............Loved the gem.

all thats left for me to say is Lord for what is about to happen please could you make the weather better....why, becuase Patrick and I are off to the West mids Safari Park today with TWO coach loads of kids and it's pouring down here and is promising to remain like that all day UGH

So when I get home this evening if I appear to be rocking in the corner please just leave me alone

Morning Sis,daughter and Shane xxxxxxxxxxxx

Morning everyone
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2009, 06:22 AM
Morning Vicki, morning all. Absolutely bouncing down with rain here today but it's Friday! In my management training course today so not even in the office! Roll on the weekend. Have a good Friday all.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2009, 06:28 AM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
mornin
week-end whats that?? im soooooooo tired
have a good day all.
Morning Layla *hug* x

Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Morning Cuz...............Loved the gem.

all thats left for me to say is Lord for what is about to happen please could you make the weather better....why, becuase Patrick and I are off to the West mids Safari Park today with TWO coach loads of kids and it's pouring down here and is promising to remain like that all day UGH

So when I get home this evening if I appear to be rocking in the corner please just leave me alone

Morning Sis,daughter and Shane xxxxxxxxxxxx

Morning everyone
Morning Steph - hope it brightens up for you. No dribbling while you're rocking please......

Originally Posted by wufflehoond View Post
Morning Vicki, morning all. Absolutely bouncing down with rain here today but it's Friday! In my management training course today so not even in the office! Roll on the weekend. Have a good Friday all.
Morning J

Currently dry here but it rained all night. I'd like to think that's all we're going to get, but I reckon there's more in store for us

Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-07-2009, 06:35 AM
Morning Vicki, morning Shane, morning all.

Hope today goes quickly for you Vicki.
Good luck with the trip Steph really hope it dries up for you.

Rained most of the night here and thunder and lightening bit overcast at the moment hoping it will stay dry and brighten up.

Had a lovely meal out last night and ate a lot of naughty things not helping the diet at all.
Hoping Mark, Tracey and the Children will be popping round for some tea tonight. Have to get some shopping but got to get Michael to change my wheel for me developed a flattie on the way home from Marks yesterday.

Loved the gem today. Have a good day all.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2009, 06:36 AM
Morning Vicki and all,
Had a lovely big storm here last night with some spectacular lightening, only marred by Shady getting herself all stressed out over it and huffing puffing and dribbling everywhere poor girl. Milo doesn't even seem to notice them and happily strolls out to the loo in the midst of it. Shady wouldn't even be tempted for some ham to come out the door.
Got my leather 3 piece coming this morning and someone coming to collect my old one.
Have a good day all.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2009, 06:38 AM
Morning Vicki, morning all

Its going to be a nightmare of a day today as we have the accountant in to go through all that I've done and for some more training..then the dreaded VAT report...not looking forward to today at all

We had a lovely day yesterday and I've posted some photos of our visit to Settagirl..I'm a bit sad today as its Alfie's 8th birthday and I'm not with him to celebrate...I'm sure his new mummy will have something lovely lined up for him.

Have a good day all xx
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2009, 06:41 AM
Hectic weekend coming up here too! The council lady is coming on Saturday to give me a Carers Grant so I can have a few hours a week off! I`m going to spend it on art classes.
Then on Sunday I`m taking Daisy to a HTM workshop in the morning, then being homechecked to be an Oldies fosterer. I don`t know if I`ll pass as I`ve already got 4 dogs in a smallish house. When I applied I didn`t think Laddie would still be with us...
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2009, 06:47 AM
Morning Vicki, morning all
Morning Mom, Sis, SweetiePie

Loved that gem, Vicki

Summer school for art club this morning
Lovely way to spend Fri mornings

have a great day everyone x
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >