Our sister sites
Our sister sites
anilerkan
Dogsey Junior
Male 

19-04-2008, 04:25 PM

Is Hill's really worth its price tag?

Hi

I have a 1 year old Lab. I have been feeding him Hill's from the time that I had him.

Is it really worth paying the price for it? Should I change it to something cheaper?
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-04-2008, 04:39 PM
I have been using Hills since Sydney was a puppy - she came to us on Hills. I have never had any complaints and nor has Sydney - which is more important. She looks great on it. I would not change unless I had very good cause.

I see you are in Turkey - so maybe your pricing structure out there is different and maybe you are not able to shop around as not so many stock it? How much do you pay per bag and where do you buy it from.
anilerkan
Dogsey Junior
Male 

19-04-2008, 05:08 PM
Hill's is at around 100 USD for the 16 kg pack. Unfortunately its not sold in big department stores. I also look around the internet for cheap deals but it consistently is at around 100 USD.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2008, 05:16 PM
I thought it was expensive here!
Becky
anilerkan
Dogsey Junior
Male 

19-04-2008, 05:24 PM
Where's that?
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-04-2008, 06:42 PM
Mine are on hills (natures choice) i wouldn't change it.
I pay about £35 a 12kg bag, but they all look good, and more to the point it suits them all.
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-04-2008, 09:52 PM
Originally Posted by anilerkan View Post
Hill's is at around 100 USD for the 16 kg pack. Unfortunately its not sold in big department stores. I also look around the internet for cheap deals but it consistently is at around 100 USD.
Goodness that is expensive.
I buy from a local supplier and pay about £30-£35 a bag.

I used to buy from Zooplus online, but although they deliver to lots of places in Europe I cannot see that they deliver to Turkey.
lisa0307
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-04-2008, 11:44 AM
In my opinion Hills is definitely not worth it's price tag. Fed our first dog on Hills and after seeing what his coat looked like while he was on it and after when we changed him to Burns, well it was miles better on Burns. Wouldn't feed any dogs or cats on Hills.
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-04-2008, 08:10 AM
Originally Posted by lisa0307 View Post
In my opinion Hills is definitely not worth it's price tag. Fed our first dog on Hills and after seeing what his coat looked like while he was on it and after when we changed him to Burns, well it was miles better on Burns. Wouldn't feed any dogs or cats on Hills.
I think it is a matter of personal choice and everyone will have views on different types of dog food and BARF.
However, as I said, and as can be seen in the photos I have posted on here, Sydney looks fantastic on Hills, her coat gleams, eyes bright and she does not suffer with any upset tums with it. I would not change.