register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: Choose your colour scheme from.....
Reds, whites, blacks and the grey bed (as per the picture) with maybe a hint of mink 4 28.57%
Turquoise, hot pinks, limes and the grey bed 3 21.43%
Greens and the grey 3 21.43%
Pastels, such a duck egg blue and the grey bed 2 14.29%
Other, please suggest alternatives 2 14.29%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2009, 06:01 PM

Interior Design Poll

If you had this bed -

Which of the above colour schemes would you go for and how would you implement them.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-11-2009, 06:07 PM
I would be going for plain magnolia /cream walls, and maybe something on the lines of these colours for Curtains/blinds, and bedding.

Throwing in a little red here and there , scatter cushions .lamp shades and so on.

http://www.lauraashley.com/Drape-Fab...s&itemsperpage
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2009, 06:16 PM
Well the furnishings pictured don`t come with the bed, do they? So as the sides will be part covered by your quilt / valance, I suppose it would go with most things. It depends more on the size of the room - strong colours make a room look smaller.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2009, 06:18 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
I would be going for plain magnolia /cream walls, and maybe something on the lines of these colours for Curtains/blinds, and bedding.

Throwing in a little red here and there , scatter cushions .lamp shades and so on.

http://www.lauraashley.com/Drape-Fab...s&itemsperpage
So essentiallly you palatte would be the grey bed with creams and magnolias and splashes of red?

Thanks for the weblink, I'd forgtten to check them for ideas!

Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Well the furnishings pictured don`t come with the bed, do they? So as the sides will be part covered by your quilt / valance, I suppose it would go with most things. It depends more on the size of the room - strong colours make a room look smaller.
Small room, BIG bed!! ;o)

The only bit that will reallly show is the grey suede headboard, which is massive and the bottom front skirt of the divan base.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-11-2009, 06:44 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
So essentiallly you palatte would be the grey bed with creams and magnolias and splashes of red?

Thanks for the weblink, I'd forgtten to check them for ideas!

Small room, BIG bed!! ;o)

The only bit that will reallly show is the grey suede headboard, which is massive and the bottom front skirt of the divan base.
the bed is going to dominate the room, so you dont want dark colours on the walls, you can add some black/grey in the bedding or curtains as the link shows, if you want to add a little extra colour, then thats where you can bring the red or other, in with bed side lamps . rugs, and throws on the bed.

My son has a similar bed in his bedroom, his bedding and curtains are black/white and grey

Personally I like to keep things simple, add colour in curtains and accessories
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2009, 08:11 PM
I have gone for pastels and grey bed.
My reasoning is that they are more restful. I think black and red would keep me awake

Is it your room you are doing? Make sure we see some picies when you are done!
mse2ponder
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2009, 08:19 PM
Looks lovely. I think I'd go for ivory and duck egg. I think it looks fab with the red, but it might be a bit overpowering in a smallish room.

Alternatively, what about greys, creams (<that says 'creams' but I've written it in cream so you can hardly see it) and a bit of a pinky/peach?. I saw a picture of a room in these colours and it was beautiful, pearly silk cushions, lace, crystal chandeliers, rich textures etc. Was lovely and airy so would suit a smaller room.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2009, 08:19 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
the bed is going to dominate the room, so you dont want dark colours on the walls, you can add some black/grey in the bedding or curtains as the link shows, if you want to add a little extra colour, then thats where you can bring the red or other, in with bed side lamps . rugs, and throws on the bed.

My son has a similar bed in his bedroom, his bedding and curtains are black/white and grey

Personally I like to keep things simple, add colour in curtains and accessories
Yes, I like the idea of a sort of blank canvas (greys and whites) with accents of colour (red accessories) and this is what I'm sure I'll do, just not sure which cololur to ''accent'' with ;o)

Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
I have gone for pastels and grey bed.
My reasoning is that they are more restful. I think black and red would keep me awake

Is it your room you are doing? Make sure we see some picies when you are done!
I have no idea how I'd feel in terms of restful. It's not even crossed my mind. Now I'm wondering.

I like the idea of something different and bold (the red) as it's so not me. My whole house is calm naturals, whites and greens. The only room that is different is the kitchen which is chocolate milkshake with baby pink, blue and cream accents, soo still quite pale.

Argh, I just can't decide!! We've only got one shot at this so needs to be the right one!!