Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2011, 06:40 PM

Does anyone have Varifocal lenses?

I have to wear glasses all the time now and got my first pair of Varifocals yesterday.
Boy am I struggling
I just don't seem able to get the lense in the right position.
Anyone got any tips?
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2011, 06:42 PM
Sit down and try to read and watch tv, seriously.

As you sit down and only move your eyes, you will find that you adjust; weird eh?
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2011, 06:46 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Sit down and try to read and watch tv, seriously.

As you sit down and only move your eyes, you will find that you adjust; weird eh?
It's moving my eyes sideways that is causing me problems. I have to move my head to see the sides of the page/computer screen.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2011, 06:50 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
It's moving my eyes sideways that is causing me problems. I have to move my head to see the sides of the page/computer screen.

Oh dear, you should not have to do this, I am a trained DSE risk assessor and you should not be moving your head at all when looking at the screen, either side to side or up and down.

Why do you have to do this?

Are you too close?

Have you discussed having specs SOLEY for DSE use?
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2011, 07:08 PM
I'm on a laptop so I don't think I am too close.
I discussed my PC use etc with the optician.
I'm wondering if it is just something new that is going to take me time to get used to.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2011, 07:17 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
I'm on a laptop so I don't think I am too close.
I discussed my PC use etc with the optician.
I'm wondering if it is just something new that is going to take me time to get used to.

probably............. one of the perils of aging!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2011, 07:19 PM
tell me about it
aerolor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-05-2011, 07:36 PM
Variocals do take a bit of time to get used to, Nippy, especially if you have never had bi-focals before. Your eyes will also need to adapt to the change. If you persevere it will be well worth the effort - a lot better than switching between two pairs of specs or wearing the ordinary bi-focals. I have varifocals and my husband went from ordinary bi-focals to varifocals a while ago. He moaned a bit about them being difficult to get used to, but he did get used to them and now admits they are fine.
rueben
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-05-2011, 07:43 PM
Nippy.--- A lot depends on what you pay.The basic ones will give you a narrower field of vision hence fuzzier vision on the outer perimeter so you will have to ajust your head on the sideways movement.If you want wider panoramic vision you will have to upgrade and get more expensive lenses.Don't bother with varifocal contact lenses they are a waste of time.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2011, 07:53 PM
Originally Posted by aerolor View Post
Variocals do take a bit of time to get used to, Nippy, especially if you have never had bi-focals before. Your eyes will also need to adapt to the change. If you persevere it will be well worth the effort - a lot better than switching between two pairs of specs or wearing the ordinary bi-focals. I have varifocals and my husband went from ordinary bi-focals to varifocals a while ago. He moaned a bit about them being difficult to get used to, but he did get used to them and now admits they are fine.
Thanks, I'm really going to persevere, case of having to really

Originally Posted by rueben View Post
Nippy.--- A lot depends on what you pay.The basic ones will give you a narrower field of vision hence fuzzier vision on the outer perimeter so you will have to ajust your head on the sideways movement.If you want wider panoramic vision you will have to upgrade and get more expensive lenses.Don't bother with varifocal contact lenses they are a waste of time.
A lot
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »