Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gayle1234
New Member!
Female 

09-03-2017, 02:15 AM

Safe chew toys

Hello what are safe chew toys for dogs. My dogs devour toys and they eat parts of them I'm worried they're going to get sick I'm worried they're going to get six I'm worried they're going to get sick. They are both a year old. Jetta is a yorkie and Bluebell is an Australian Shepherd Mini
akitababy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-03-2017, 06:33 AM
Chewing behavior is harder to correct and its pretty alarming that your pet did swallow some of the parts of the toys. I have my dogs and they also do the same but they didn't eat some of the portion of their toys they just simply leave it once it is destroy. You can try investing on a Hyper Chewz Ball, this items is highly recommendable as it is made of utra-durable EVA foam which is good for a powerful chewer like your paws. I actually got mine on Pet Street Mall its an online shop, they actually provide a wide variety of toys to choose from it is better for you check it out, but I guess this one is also available on pet stores.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-03-2017, 09:08 AM
Originally Posted by Gayle1234 View Post
Hello what are safe chew toys for dogs. My dogs devour toys and they eat parts of them I'm worried they're going to get sick I'm worried they're going to get six I'm worried they're going to get sick. They are both a year old. Jetta is a yorkie and Bluebell is an Australian Shepherd Mini
If you can get them where you are, Kong toys are pretty robust. There are some you can hide a treat in and that gives them a challenge.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2017, 09:50 AM
Originally Posted by Besoeker View Post
If you can get them where you are, Kong toys are pretty robust. There are some you can hide a treat in and that gives them a challenge.
Kong toys are the only ones that I have found to be wolf proof!! Totally indestructable - everything else all 3 of my wolf crosses managed to destroy and that is not good!
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-03-2017, 11:34 AM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
Kong toys are the only ones that I have found to be wolf proof!! Totally indestructable - everything else all 3 of my wolf crosses managed to destroy and that is not good!
Know the score. Ours can destroy a regular tennis ball in minutes.
GillyVizzy
New Member!
Female 

10-03-2017, 03:36 PM
It's a bit trial and error I'm afraid as some dogs seem to be able to destroy anything. Kong are really good and we have found the balls to be quite tough. Antlers and buffalo horns are excellent - not toys obv. but most dogs love them.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-03-2017, 05:27 PM
Originally Posted by GillyVizzy View Post
Antlers and buffalo horns are excellent - not toys obv. but most dogs love them.
You can get them in this country?
CaroleC
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-03-2017, 07:29 PM
Pets at Home have them, but they are banned here. I bought some at Crufts last year, and my two didn't show any interest till a couple of months ago, when Merry gave one a good chomp. She broke a carnassial tooth, needing a rather expensive extraction.
I have since found that they do vary in hardness, the points being the hardest. I am told that they can be softened by boiling.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-03-2017, 08:17 PM
Originally Posted by CaroleC View Post
Pets at Home have them, but they are banned here.
Not sure I follow that. We have a local Pets at Home.
Can I get them there?
CaroleC
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-03-2017, 09:57 PM
Banned in my house for the reason given.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >