Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2010, 09:17 AM

Yiannis is all better :-)

Hi,

I took Yiannis to the vet again this morning for another post-op check (glad all these checks are in with the cost).

His ear has healed nicely and the drain was taken out. His buster collar was removed and he had both ears cleaned out. They were done under anaesthetic but obviously since wearing the collar, I've not been able to clean them properly.

So after they were cleaned, he stood very still (which is a miracle for him) whilst he had more drops etc put into the bad ear and more cleaner put into the good one. He then spent a good couple of minutes shaking his head but it was too late - the drops were already where they should have been!

He's been at my Mom's so that the other dogs didn't splat him. It wouldn't have been fair when he wouldn't have been able to see them coming whilst wearing the collar. So he's back at home now. I've never seen GSD tails wag so quickly - well not adult ones anyway.

He and Zane spent a few minutes nose to nose, tails wagging furiously and they both ran off to play on the grass with Jenzi in tow.

So hopefully, at least for a while, that will be the end of his ear saga. No doubt he'll have more ear problems but hopefully the worst is over for him now.

Laura xx
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2010, 10:02 AM
Healing wishes and thoughts from us xxxxxxxxxxxxx