Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dalmonda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-12-2005, 10:33 AM

Sprained Ankle?

Hi all i wondered if anyone could help me?

Last friday i tripped/semi fell down a broken drain. I thought it was just the adverage sprain and have continued with "life" normally, with my ankle strapped. However 6 days on I still have pain with is increasing but the swelling in staying about the same. The pain gets worse when i walk around but im also starting to feel quite sick. when i take the weight off my foot im getting pain as well as "pins and needles". My parents and I are beginning to wonder whether or not its worth go to A&E but if its just a sprain i could do without the long wait. lol

So i just wondered if any one had had a similiar injury or had any experience of one and would be able to advice me in some way?

Best wishes, Jamie
(ps sorry for the long thread lol)
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2005, 10:37 AM
Poor you!!! Maybe worth a check at A&E, just to put your mind at rest. I have sprained my ankle before and I know it does take a while to get better. What you could also have done is torn some of the ligaments around your foot. When I did that, my foot went almost black, looked like a rugby ball and I also had pins and needles. :O(
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-12-2005, 10:41 AM
My son has pulled ligaments in his foot several times,you always have to take extra care when you have done that,might be worth getting it checked out,have you tried elevating it when sitting down.Know its hard but as much rest for it is also a good thing.
Dalmonda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-12-2005, 10:42 AM
Thanks Minky, My trying to rest it today as i have no exmas (wooo day off!!!) and if it doesnt look any better tonight i may go down to A&E. The only thing stopping us is the time that we will have to wait to be seen (and if its just a minor sprain the wait is going to seem worthless) and we wont be able to go to our local hospital as apparently "they dont treat lower limb injurys" anymore.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-12-2005, 10:43 AM
Its getting ridiculous that some hospitals don't treat certain types of injury,hope it gets better soon.No dancing for you at Christmas then.
Dalmonda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-12-2005, 10:43 AM
Originally Posted by Zantababy
My son has pulled ligaments in his foot several times,you always have to take extra care when you have done that,might be worth getting it checked out,have you tried elevating it when sitting down.Know its hard but as much rest for it is also a good thing.
Have been elevating it since last night but i will keep doing it today.
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2005, 10:45 AM
Originally Posted by SpottyDogsRule
Thanks Minky, My trying to rest it today as i have no exmas (wooo day off!!!) and if it doesnt look any better tonight i may go down to A&E. The only thing stopping us is the time that we will have to wait to be seen (and if its just a minor sprain the wait is going to seem worthless) and we wont be able to go to our local hospital as apparently "they dont treat lower limb injurys" anymore.
Rest is always good - try keeping it slightly elevated - that usually helps. Perhaps some ibuprofen would easy any discomfort you have.
If you are sure you haven't broken anything then just persevere with rest - hospitals are pretty useless these days unfortunately
Dalmonda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-12-2005, 10:46 AM
Its getting ridiculous that some hospitals don't treat certain types of injury,hope it gets better soon.No dancing for you at Christmas then.

No doesnt look like any dancing. My sister has been walking Dizney so i could rest. But im starting to feel like a couch potato lol
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-12-2005, 10:52 AM
You could do the hand jive.
Dalmonda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-12-2005, 10:54 AM
You could do the hand jive.
I can see it now.......lol.....