View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2011, 06:55 PM

Australia - where is the international aid?

I'm very surprised to see that, despite billions of AUD being lost and 11 people dead there is no international aid helpline?????

Australia are always among the first to pledge their support to other countries so why aren't we helping them during their hour of need?

It's so terrible to see the reports on the news, I really feel for everyone in Queensland.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

11-01-2011, 08:29 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
I'm very surprised to see that, despite billions of AUD being lost and 11 people dead there is no international aid helpline?????

Australia are always among the first to pledge their support to other countries so why aren't we helping them during their hour of need?

It's so terrible to see the reports on the news, I really feel for everyone in Queensland.
Oh how I agree with you, I was thinking the same thing today, they really need some help after all we are talking about an area bigger than Germany & France combined and it must be a difficult logistical operation to rescue people over so large an area.

But, the UK government policy seems blind to a country which has helped us in so many ways, whereas they give millions to countries who have never helped us.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2011, 10:39 PM
If the Australian's needed help they would ask for it. They have a brilliant emergency services set up & as I type most people have moved to safety
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2011, 10:41 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Oh how I agree with you, I was thinking the same thing today, they really need some help after all we are talking about an area bigger than Germany & France combined and it must be a difficult logistical operation to rescue people over so large an area.

But, the UK government policy seems blind to a country which has helped us in so many ways, whereas they give millions to countries who have never helped us.
I presume you mean the third world countries that have nothing to offer in return ?
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2011, 08:05 AM
Have just heard that they are stretched, but coping so far however they will ask for help when they need it.

I would expect all of Europe and USA in particular to help them, not only for thanks for their support during the world wars.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2011, 08:09 AM
But if anyone does want to donate, here's how - http://www.qld.gov.au/floods/donate.html
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-01-2011, 08:23 AM
presumably its because australia was one of the few countries that wasnt affected by the global recession and is therefore not having to deal with a bank bail deficit.

their economy is doing well.....no one else can afford to give the aid.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2011, 01:11 PM
Have just heard that they are stretched, but coping so far however they will ask for help when they need it.

I would expect all of Europe and USA in particular to help them, not only for thanks for their support during the world wars.
That goes for all the then members of the British Empire & others(like Nepal)who have always fought for the UK-something many people forget
spot
Dogsey Veteran

13-01-2011, 10:05 PM

Yet no mention of Brazil where over 400 people have lost their lives?
spot
Dogsey Veteran

13-01-2011, 10:06 PM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
That goes for all the then members of the British Empire & others(like Nepal)who have always fought for the UK-something many people forget
So very very true and very sad
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >