Our sister sites
Our sister sites
minskiy
Dogsey Junior
Male 

07-05-2009, 08:25 AM

Discharge from eye

Hi everyone.

For the last couple weeks my dog has a problem - every morning her eyes discharging. During the day it seems ok, but in the morning it is quite bad.

Our vet gave us Futhitalmic cream/drops which we used for 5 days as advised, but problem didn't go away. Now i've read that such problem can be caused by worms, but my dog was regularly wormed, last time around one month ago.

Just so you know it's a beagle. Please let me know what should i do next?
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-05-2009, 01:29 PM
Hi Art I would go back to the vet and see if another course of cream is required.

You could also try bathing the eyes in a mild saline solution (a mild saline solution a teaspoon of salt to a pint of boiled water). Saline is a similar composition to tears and slightly antiseptic so it will help to keep the eyes clean. It is important when bathing the eyes to use a fresh wipe for each eye to prevent cross contamination, or try trickling the water into the eye with a dropper or small jug .
Shih_Tzu_Lover
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-05-2009, 09:26 AM
Heyaah its Shih_Tzu_Lover

I have a shih tzu and he has discharge from both eyes.
How old is your dog?
Romeo ( my doggie ) had to have 3 ops for his eyes as we were using the same cream as you are.
The opertations just simplified the problem to treat not cure it,
We bathe his eyes in warm water when they get gloopy, your dog will enjoy this after a while.
This takes the goo which is the infections gloop coming from inside the eye.
Are your dogs eyes bloodshot?

Happy to help
Hollie xx
minskiy
Dogsey Junior
Male 

10-05-2009, 08:46 PM
Thanks for your advises. We went to see vet again and he said that everything seems to be pretty normal and it must be an allergy or something. Also we started using same cream and her eyes looks better now