Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2013, 08:22 AM

Dog V Cat Or Cat V Dog

Hi not sure about this video,as first it made me smile,but then got worried about one of them getting hurt

Gemini54
chlosmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-09-2013, 08:55 AM
SashiCat and Chloe often play like this. I've no idea who starts the game - its six of one and half a dozen of the other! I just let them get on with it because they both play by the rules and never hurt each other!
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2013, 09:55 AM
When we had 5 cats and Benny our Lakeland he always came off worse in play fights so we would always keep an eye on things and break them up if we thought it was going to end in tears, but it rarely did as they all seemed to play by some sort of rules that prevented any injuries.

Seeing Betty and Mollie play now you would imagine Betty would get hurt but again we have to protect Mollie as Betty doesn't have the bite inhibition Mollie has so when she bites her nose it hurts.

Key is keeping an eye on them and getting in there just before things turn for the worse.
jantet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-09-2013, 10:01 AM
It looked OK to me - I think if they were mine I'd let them carry on, but obviously be ready to step in if necessary.

If it turned nasty, my money would be on the cat to come off best!
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2013, 11:00 AM
That's quite gentle compared to the way mine play. Mouse, Munch and Oliver to a lesser extent, rip around and wrestle like mad. They all enjoy it and no one gets hurt.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2013, 01:25 PM
Hmm can see what you mean, think those are kittens.

However i have a video of our Ben as a kitten playing with Harvey & both thoroughly enjoying rough play with Harvey the Boxer appearing to come off the worst