View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Emm
Dogsey Veteran

02-10-2005, 10:02 AM
originally posted by marean

She then told me that they display the food in the stores in order of quality and PAH food was next to JW on the higher quality side.
shops never display in order of quality - they use clever pyschology in displaying items to get you to buy what they want you to buy.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-10-2005, 10:20 AM
Originally Posted by tuti
Hi Foxy, I agree with Mini... Archie is also on Burns and tends to be on the lean side... I think it's great, he gets quite a bit of exercise, and that coupled with the Burns means he looks really good, fit and healthy!

I've just switched Archie over to the adult, and I ordered the fish one and the lamb one... He likes them both a lot! He also has the new Aqua Snacks but they absolutely stink!

Mini I know it's off-topic but how do you treat Amy's beard?
Tuti I will Pm you later today about beards (notice Amy's is white with no staining )
Archie looks great and will bodyup a bit when he becomes an adult I tried some samples of new fish things the other day, they were good and clean teeth too ..I will have to find out what they were.
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2005, 10:26 AM
Cheers Mini

Yep Archie still has some filling out to do... but he is nicely in shape I think

A couple of weeks ago my mum was being norty and giving him loads of treats and stupid things like 'dessert' after his dinner and he started looking a bit chubby So I put my foot down and now he looks fine again
marean
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-10-2005, 03:45 PM
Thanks everyone for your ideas. My local pet shop is getting me some Burns samples and I will look into the Nature Diet. So hopefully will get some success!
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2005, 10:19 AM
Originally Posted by Minihaha
Hi Foxy I can't find it either now..but where it says 'contact Burns' at the top of the page, just send an email saying you have heard it is good and they will send samples usually by return post.
You need to look and see which best suits your dog. Amy will eat any but I often get venison and brow rice/lamb and rice and they now do duck too..and always Keltie treats and sometimes fishbites. Burns tends to keep dogs on the lean side but that is no bad thing, and if Amy were not lean the vet says she would probably be dead by now with her bad heart.
As my vet says it is being overweight that kills dogs early not being thin !
This is thin Amy 15 next birthday pics taken a couple of months ago..

Hi Mini,

I sent an email to Burns to ask where there nearest stockist is and they have sent one back this morning and said they would send me a sample if I wanted so I have said yes Thanks for telling me about the website
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-10-2005, 10:54 AM
Originally Posted by Foxy
Hi Mini,

I sent an email to Burns to ask where there nearest stockist is and they have sent one back this morning and said they would send me a sample if I wanted so I have said yes Thanks for telling me about the website
Foxy If you like it don't forget if the nearest stockist is a long way away try asking your nearest small independant pet shop (in yellow pages) and they should get it in for you, it is on their wholesalers list Also Burns deliver but it cost quite a lot in proportion for a small amount Burns also have a very nice nutritionist if you have any questions
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2005, 11:58 AM
Originally Posted by Minihaha
Foxy If you like it don't forget if the nearest stockist is a long way away try asking your nearest small independant pet shop (in yellow pages) and they should get it in for you, it is on their wholesalers list Also Burns deliver but it cost quite a lot in proportion for a small amount Burns also have a very nice nutritionist if you have any questions

Thanks Mini Yes we have a small local family run petshop in the next village and they would order me some if I wanted. I will see if he likes the sample they send. Does your Amy like Burns or does she tend to go off it a bit sometimes.
Dinahsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2005, 12:22 PM
I really think Azz should get Burns to put a bit of sponsorship into Dogweb - lots of us come on and recommend it every time someone asks about food.

Dinah has been on it since I got her - I think she likes the fish'n'rice best but it's nice that you can get the variety. Their snacks - Kelties and the Ocean Bites are good too.

D has a wonderful shiny coat, sweet breath both ends and produces 2 healthy, pick-uppable poos per day. She's on the slim side too and, as Mini says, that's the best way to be.

I certainly think it's worth you trying it Foxy - let us know how you get on.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2005, 05:16 PM
Originally Posted by Dinahsmum
I really think Azz should get Burns to put a bit of sponsorship into Dogweb - lots of us come on and recommend it every time someone asks about food.

Dinah has been on it since I got her - I think she likes the fish'n'rice best but it's nice that you can get the variety. Their snacks - Kelties and the Ocean Bites are good too.

D has a wonderful shiny coat, sweet breath both ends and produces 2 healthy, pick-uppable poos per day. She's on the slim side too and, as Mini says, that's the best way to be.

I certainly think it's worth you trying it Foxy - let us know how you get on.

Thanks Dinahsmum, I will be checking the post eagerly for my sample - hope they don't forget to send it or send it to the wrong house like they did tuti's chalk. The silly postman delivered it to another address round the corner and when the lad brought it round he gave me a funny look. I bet he thought it was drugs in the envelope or something because the chalk was all soft and smooth
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2