View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2008, 11:40 AM
Seems I'm the only one to disagree here then? I've got a morbid fear of being chopped up when I'm gone, just in case I might still be alive or something So they're not having anything of mine I'm afraid, I want to go intact.

When the Pharoes were buried, it was imperative that they mummified the whole body to preserve it for the afterlife (in which I'm a great believer). Not that I believe we need our bodies, but something tells me we ought to be buried intact, or cremated, nobody knows really do they??? The Pharoes were also a far advanced race to ourselves, so that also tells me something (they knew something we don't!).

If they do make this law, I will probably be the only one then getting the opt out card, coz I definitely will!
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2008, 11:49 AM
Im not sure what organs of mine will be able to be donated, as i've had cancer.
Would like to donate my organs though if possible!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

17-01-2008, 01:03 PM
Well I see 12 replies so far, and no one has yet mentioned the one issue which for me makes me not carry a donor card.

Namely would you want your liver to go into that guy who drove into Glasgow airport (Assuming his injuries required a liver)

or even that guy who mugged Trixybirds friend

I don't care about colour, religion, creed, but I don't like criminals and if you've been found guilty by a jury then you're not going to get my body parts. Anyone else yes but not them.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

17-01-2008, 01:06 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
If they do make this law, I will probably be the only one then getting the opt out card, coz I definitely will!
Well they'll have to print at least two cards then H (See my post above)
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2008, 01:07 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Well I see 12 replies so far, and no one has yet mentioned the one issue which for me makes me not carry a donor card.

Namely would you want your liver to go into that guy who drove into Glasgow airport (Assuming his injuries required a liver)

or even that guy who mugged Trixybirds friend

I don't care about colour, religion, creed, but I don't like criminals and if you've been found guilty by a jury then you're not going to get my body parts. Anyone else yes but not them.
Well can we say who gets them? i'd like kids to get mine if thats the case, or people who got there illness not through drugs or drink, look at george best wrecked a liver someone else could have had that were mine can go, i always thought your sould went on, not our body parts helen.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2008, 01:10 PM
Well I might have known you'd be on my side H!!!! Be it only half way!!!!

Yes, I know that toni, but why then did the Pharoahs (sp??can't be a*sed!Lol!)make such a thing about having their whole bodies entire to enable them to go on to that better life? I only want the better life, I don't want to end up somewhere else if half of me is missing if ya know what I mean!
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2008, 03:09 PM
Yes, I know that toni, but why then did the Pharoahs (sp??can't be a*sed!Lol!)make such a thing about having their whole bodies entire to enable them to go on to that better life? I only want the better life, I don't want to end up somewhere else if half of me is missing if ya know what I mean!
Their organs were removed from their bodies before mummification and stored seperately in canopic jars in the tomb... so not completely entire.... (really, you don't want to know what else they did with the bodies... oils, salt rubs, marinating them etc; plus their took brains out through the nose... )

Back on topic though....

I carry a donor card. Always have done. They can take what they want from me when I'm dead.

I work on the principle that I hope that if I ever need an organ for whatever reason, there would be one that I can have.

I think people should have to opt out instead of opt in...
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2008, 03:14 PM
Yes, I'm registered and carry a card. They can have what they like from me, I won't be needing it anymore and if it can change somebody else's life for the better, they're very welcome to that
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2008, 03:31 PM
Seems I'm the only one to disagree here then? I've got a morbid fear of being chopped up when I'm gone, just in case I might still be alive or something So they're not having anything of mine I'm afraid, I want to go intact.

When the Pharoes were buried, it was imperative that they mummified the whole body to preserve it for the afterlife (in which I'm a great believer). Not that I believe we need our bodies, but something tells me we ought to be buried intact, or cremated, nobody knows really do they??? The Pharoes were also a far advanced race to ourselves, so that also tells me something (they knew something we don't!).

I understand where you're coming from H, but what about people who for one reason or another have to have organs removed while they are still alive, like a damaged or diseased kidney, had a hysterectomy or had to have their spleen removed, or lost an eye and so on, they aren't intact when they go, just a thought

This is a link to the mummifaction process (not for the week stomached) and not ment for debate, just to let H know that the bodies wern't preserved whole

http://www.egyptreservation.com/mummies.htm

I don't like the thought of being a donor, and I doubt that they'd be able to use any of mine, but Chris and I were talking about this a couple of nights ago, and i think the 'opt out' way is best, god forbid if anything happened to Chris the last thing I would be thinking about is whether to give his organs or not and would probably say no, but that would against his wishes.

I also agree that the recipient should be a worthy one
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-01-2008, 03:56 PM
I did have a donor card, lost it though and never got round to getting a new one. I do see Losos point though, I hear Ian Huntley needs a transplant of some sort after a couple of suicide atempts, now I am sorry I would rarther take my parts with me than let a scumbag like that get its murdering paws on them.
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >