Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2007, 04:17 PM

Birmingham National Friday 11th May

Had a lovely day, only took us two hours to get there, although there was continuous traffic it just flowed beautifully so no jams at all, unlike the journey home which took over 3 hours

Anyway, we had the great pleasure of meeting the beautiful Takara, together, of course, with her mum "Lottie" aka "Big Foot" I took a couple of photos of her, isn't she beautiful?,

She was telling me off in the second one as I asked if she was going to be a good girl in the ring, her answer "might be, haven't decided yet and anyway, whats it worth?" I'm thrilled to see that she was awarded reserve in the PGB class, well done Lottie and Takara, it was great meeting you both.

Here are a couple of photos of my friend Jill and her 9 month old Pomeranian puppy Ziggy. Unfortunately he wasn't placed today but Jill wasn't too worried as she has already qualified him. She was pleased to meet up with his breeder, who hasn't seen him since he left the nest and was delighted with him

I must add that the Pom judge was the chap with Pekingese, is it Bert Easton or something similar, he got BIS at Crufts, I think. Anyway, I was sitting right by the judging area and he seemed a really nice chap, very gentle with the pups, especially one or two that didn't want to show their teeth, or were a bit hesitant with being gone over. Just think its nice to see judges being so thoughtful
Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	birmnat11maytakaraheadstudy.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	3730   Click image for larger version

Name:	birmnat11maytakarabeingcheeky.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	3731  
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2007, 04:45 PM
hehe thanks for adding the piccies... Takara was not having a cooperative day today...

We did get reserve, was a bit of a disappointment in a way as we were pulled out as third and then moved down! doh! Never mind, there's always next time!!
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2007, 05:05 PM
Originally Posted by Lottie View Post
hehe thanks for adding the piccies... Takara was not having a cooperative day today...

We did get reserve, was a bit of a disappointment in a way as we were pulled out as third and then moved down! doh! Never mind, there's always next time!!
Oh I hate it when judges do that, you think you've qualified and wham, back to square one. At least she got a place, you must be very proud of her. Hope your foots ok
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2007, 05:08 PM
Ooooooo, third down to reserve, always a bummer that's bad luck....
Deccy's litter sister was VHC in Limit bitch, but she has a RCC so is qualified anyway. Deccy needs to pull his socks up!
hollie01
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-05-2007, 05:43 PM
well done everyone!
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2007, 05:55 PM
Sounds like a lovely day and congrats to Takara.
Becky
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2007, 10:33 PM
Thanks all...

I was incredibly proud of her. She was a little bitch for me all day but I was still proud of her.
Bless her, we got there earlier than expected and she hates being benched so it took ages to settle her (until we got a bench crate)
She had to resist the urge to lick her mummy's foot better
Her mummy wasn't very tolerant anyway, as she was in pain
She was being moved by someone she didn't know and has never had to do this before
Just three days beforehand her mummy had been told to alter the way she handles her so Takara had to re-learn it all
And to cap it off, the dog next but one to her was Master Bark-a-Lot which just encouraged her to bark more too!

So all in all, she did pretty well and I think when we've had more practice with our new method of showing, she'll do better
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2007, 06:47 AM
Glad you had a good day Sheree.

Well done with Lottie - judges perrogative and all that but still seems unfair - but you learn very quickly it isn't over til its over !!

But seeing as she was being handled by someone else I think she did very well - well done!

fed up here cos won't be going - Angus tail still - and although he might be ok rather not risk him getting upset etc.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2007, 08:23 AM
Sorry to hear you won't be going Rachel
There was a dally there with a split tail and his handler was extremely concerned because he was wagging it so much in the bench.

I know it's judge's perrogative, was a bit of a dissapointment but I didn't actually expect to get placed at all so I'm happy and I still took the best dog home!
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

12-05-2007, 09:27 AM
Thanks for the piccies Sheree Glad you enjoyed it and met the lovely Takara and of course her mum Lottie. Well done Lottie and Takara.

Sheree if you have a look at the WAG Action Group pictures you will see a pic of my o/h and Rye being judged by Bert Easdon no less. He seems a nice person I agree and as a judge may know his toy breeds but in my opinion has no idea about hounds or any other breeds as at the WAg Day there were three lovely Elkie puppies who should have done well and two were thrown out and one given 5th in puppy, know it was a fun show, but I was not impressed by his judging In any of the classes, apart from the Toys. Sorry gone of topic Lol.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >