View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
data3615
Dogsey Junior
Male 

04-05-2006, 09:03 PM

Food for 8 month old GSD (best food & correct quantities?)

Hello there , Just a quick question , Whats the best food to feed a 8 month gsd and how much . I am feeding him 1 large bowl of dried food a day , with a mixer in with it , is that ok ?

Thanks
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-05-2006, 09:56 PM
Originally Posted by data3615
Hello there , Just a quick question , Whats the best food to feed a 8 month gsd and how much . I am feeding him 1 large bowl of dried food a day , with a mixer in with it , is that ok ?

Thanks
Hi data firstly at 8 months of age your puppy should still be on two meals a day ...if you don't do this he may get a distended tummy.Also he will not grow correctly if you feed all his food in one go.
I don't understand what you mean by
I am feeding him 1 large bowl of dried food a day , with a mixer in with it , is that ok ?
..do you mean a 'complete food' when you say dry? If so you don't put a mixer with a complete food, a mixer is something you can either soak or mix dry with meat/fish/veg..

As to quantity follow the food manufacturers instruction for the daily total amount and divided it by the number of meals in this case two..

If feeding fresh food a rough guide to find the total daily amount is to calculate one ounce of food per pound of the dogs weight ..then divide this amount between the number of meals per day .
Daniellew
Dogsey Junior

07-05-2006, 11:28 AM
I would recommend James wellbeloved Junior performance (do not need to add any meat as it is a complete food) I would probably give about 350g in the morning and the same again in the evening.