Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2005, 02:27 PM

If you could start again - with your dog

After chatting with a chap in the park today while with the dogs something he said made me think. His dog was on lead and no very social and he said "if I could go back to the start - I'd let him meet other dogs its my fault he doesn't know how to meet them and what to do"
His dog is 11 and a a Jacl Russell and I must say was a "bit of a handful" almost choking himself on the end of the lead to get at other dogs who when they come near he goes for.

So my question dogwebbers is is if you could go back to the beginning and know what you know now is there anything you would do differently with your dog if you could? Not change the world just your dog.

Mine would be not to let Sal put her had through the cat flap when someone comes to the front door - mind you it is funny to see peoples face when a Stafford head comes through the flap.
Tess it would be not to nibble my ears while I am trying to stand her for showing. :smt016
Karen
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-03-2005, 02:29 PM
Teach Blackie to 'fetch' he just absolutly refuses to fetch anything, he just stands there blank.

Ian
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2005, 02:33 PM
Tess does that but she is just not interested at all she watches me throw something wags her tail then looks at me as if to say "why did you throw it away then"
when I encurage her she wags her tail more and looks at me as if to say "me get that - NAH - you threw it you fetch it"

Sal fetches everythig even things I don't want -odd eh?
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2005, 02:41 PM
i wouldnt change anything i dont think but i will get back to you if i think of one! ah ok already thought of one i would hide my robbie williams at knebworth dvd that the little horror chewed once!
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2005, 02:44 PM
I would have tried to stop Bailey peeing on the trail when I taught him to work in harness,

Mo
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2005, 03:11 PM
i would have stopped indie jumping up from the beginning!! bit of a nightmare when she sends kids flying when she wants to say hello! or kamikaze jumps up on visitors when they r sitting havin a quiet drink,lol.

erm, i would have jus given her food and thats it, rather than turning her into a picky eater.lol.
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2005, 03:23 PM
I would have not given Mollie wheat and avoided 18 months of misery. Oh and not lifted her into the car - fun when they are little not so much fun when they are fully grown and muddy !
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2005, 03:29 PM
ah yes, i would also have taught indie to sit in a car harness on the BACK seat, and not to fidget around on my lap in the FRONT seat! not so funny now she weighs a couple of stone!
Emm
Dogsey Veteran

27-03-2005, 04:00 PM
I would introduce my two to horses at a younger age and get them used to bikes earlier.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2005, 04:27 PM
Teach Teagan to open and close the back door

No, seriously...in a perfect world I would have prevented the incidents with Kingsley.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >