Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lillybet
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2006, 02:28 PM

pro plan (is it a good quality food?)

hi all. i can get proplan free for mimi but i don't no if it is a good dog food or not can any1 help. thanx
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-05-2006, 06:46 PM
Yep-its a good one far as im concerned! I used to alternate my old Rottweilers food and Pro-Plan always agreed with him.
lillybet
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2006, 07:26 PM
ok thanx..
freckles211
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-05-2006, 08:46 PM
In reply to your question, Pro Plan is supposed to be good, however unfortunately it is made by one of the biggest animal testers in the country Proctor & Gamble.

I have tried it but refuse to buy it now due to the maker. Obviously it depends on your views.
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2006, 09:25 PM
It depends what you mean by "quality". To me, it is the ingredients and their proportions, not to be confused with "it-must-be-good-because-its-expensive" school of thought which could be simply a means of funding their huge advertising campaign.
Dalmatians cannot digest purines so I need to avoid foods with ingredients that are high in this respect. Unfortunately the market leader over here is stuffed with a substance that is almost off the scale so I use a brand with no colourings or fillers and an appropriate mix of ingredients that I am looking for, even though I have to take a trip over the border to buy it. There is another brand here which I think you can get in the UK as well now, which is identical to my regular brand brand but half the price. Does that make it good or not? Polo is on it and he is wolfing it down and has not shown any bad reactions to it after a month of feeding.
Jules1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2006, 10:19 AM
Originally Posted by freckles211
In reply to your question, Pro Plan is supposed to be good, however unfortunately it is made by one of the biggest animal testers in the country Proctor & Gamble.

I have tried it but refuse to buy it now due to the maker. Obviously it depends on your views.

Totally agree. :smt023 Its the same with Eukanuba & Iams
Wheaten mad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2006, 10:37 AM
Originally Posted by Jules1
Totally agree. :smt023 Its the same with Eukanuba & Iams
Yeah i heard that eukanuba was too high in protein, ecpecially for puppies. Does anyone know about this?