View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-08-2005, 12:10 PM
Ithink you did very well to hold your temper....... not sure I would have done!
sarah2
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-08-2005, 01:03 PM
You know reading through these posts is like a breadth of fresh air. As I can see you dogwebbers are all bringing your children up responsibly. I don't know why i'm suprised after all people who are responsible dog owners will also be responsible parents

As a teacher I witness bad behaviour (from parents mainly) frequently. You lot restore my faith in humans and teach me there are still responsible people out there. THANKYOU I AGREE WITH ALL YOUR POSTS.

Very well done Rhianna for keeping your temper.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2005, 11:32 AM
Well, they wouldn't have lasted a whole hour in my house I can tell you that! What a bratt! Too many of them like this nowadays, but luckily all my friend's kids don't behave like this at all. My step-sisters kids used to though. If I had had kids they would have had impeccable manners and they probably would have hated me coz I would have ruled them with an iron rod until they learnt some manners. Totally out of order and I can understand you losing your rag, especially the poor dog part!
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-08-2005, 05:21 PM
at the end of the day they have to live with the monsters they have created.
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2005, 05:30 PM
OMG! Makes you wonder doesnt it!
Meercat
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-08-2005, 04:09 PM
My sister has two kids like that (aged 4 & 6) I get told off when i tell them off. My son always behaves himself when in someone elses home.
bobbie3917
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2005, 04:25 PM
its not the childs fault if his mother lets him get away with it, if she was a good mum then he would know how to act at other ppls homes
and no you are not picky at all Rhianna i would of asked them to leave
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2005, 02:24 PM
Oh sweet lord, kid and Mother wouldnt have lasted 10 minutes with me... My friend has an 18 month old and when i was asked to be god mother i said i would only do it if she was ok with me telling the child off if it did wrong...she said she would be glad to...well along comes liam in my house and hits the dog with the table mat.. I held him said no in loud voice, he burst out screaming and claire looked at me and i told her straight you have to control your kids or they will control you and i know damn well which one i would have...Never be scared to smack a child! sometimes its the only way they will learn...
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2005, 02:39 PM
Originally Posted by chinaowner
Oh sweet lord, kid and Mother wouldnt have lasted 10 minutes with me... My friend has an 18 month old and when i was asked to be god mother i said i would only do it if she was ok with me telling the child off if it did wrong...she said she would be glad to...well along comes liam in my house and hits the dog with the table mat.. I held him said no in loud voice, he burst out screaming and claire looked at me and i told her straight you have to control your kids or they will control you and i know damn well which one i would have...Never be scared to smack a child! sometimes its the only way they will learn...

Well said Chinaowner - a smack on the legs never did any kid any harm no matter what all these silly supernannies say

My child was playing up in the supermarket a few months back and we tried all this reasoning business but to no avail she just smiled sweetly and carried on being a pain, running up and down the aisles and sitting on the shelves etc I know some people don't agree with smacking and have also reported people who did it in public so I was a bit reluctant to do it.
By the time we got to the checkout I couldn't hold out any longer and smacked her legs twice and that was the end of the bad behaviour, after a few tears - more from being shown up than hurt I think - she started to behave herself again.
presley
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-08-2005, 01:30 PM
I completely agree 150%! smacking never harmed me or scared me nor am I mentally disturbed from it. It's not the same as child abuse all it is, is teaching and sometimes a shock is all a child needs to learn that he/she has done wrong. Its the same as a pup, obviously you don't hurt them you just shock them into realising that they have done wrong.

Please do not take this asif I am promoting harm to any living creature as I would rather harm myself than another but it's only the shock that teaches NOT the pain

Leanne x

:smt021 :smt077
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >