Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2016, 07:40 AM

Daily Thread, Monday, February 1

Good morning everyone, Rabbits, pinch and punch and all those silly sayings for the first of the month!

When I was married and lived on the nursery we had 10 spare acres at the rear and my daughter had her horse and a friend brought her horse up too to keep him company, then we had rare breed sheep. St Kilda, Soay and Jacob, added to by some local Suffolk cross breeds. We actually got up to 27 at one point, giving the lambs away to pets corners in pubs and local apple orchards etc. Never killed any they just had a lovely life. Sheep dipping was a shared event with a local farmer, one year at his next at ours. We also kept chickens and ducks and a goat and more besides. The villagers all brought their children up to view all the animals, was a lot of hard work but the happiest time for me, even though I was working full time to keep them all.

I hope everyone is well this morning, lot milder down here. Must get Amber out. Take care everyone, stay dry and safe and well. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-02-2016, 08:32 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow.
Gorden left for another week in London. Sunny and very breezy here and we seem to have some stronger winds in store for later. Nothing damaging though. Seems up North and Scotland are in for bashing once again by storm Henry this time. Keep safe all our Northern friends wonder how Norma is faring ?

Just housework and catch up tv today after walking Dillon.

Hope everyone is well and all doglets too.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2016, 08:55 AM
Morning Moyra and Lynn. Hope all is well with you both and all that follow. I have had a wry laugh to myself today. Not sure if you remember me saying about two dogs having a go at Tyto and then the chap that has one of them always off lead coming up this road. Well he had a fright yesterday when a car very nearly hit his dog on the corner where they go onto the green to play. Well he has just gone up the road with the dog on lead. I hope it lasts and that the dog remains safe now. I also saw a lovely man with two dogs. One a springer and the other, now LG will be pleased with this, a beautiful rough coated lurcher pup. She is beautiful and Tyto thought so to. Oh well off to do. Actually catch up with Vera. Have a good day all.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-02-2016, 10:16 AM
This is my 20,000 post!!!
Nice morning here,mild and no rain either. Obviously lot of rain overnight and taken a while to clean up this morning, but I can cope with it every so often, its twice and three times a day that it gets a bit much
Am off out with girls in a bit,and hoping it stays dry for us. We've got 40+ mile gusts today, and tomorrow (which is scary because its bone run) and sky is quite dark threatening. Not a lot to do today, got to go for lpg for the car. Did all my cleaning and hoovering yesterday whilst it was raining and ironed during War and Peace which was a bit graphic to say the least!!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2016, 11:17 AM
morning all, we have no lights this morning!! mum rung and said she was in the bathroom and the lights went a bit funny and then none of the lights worked, will have to get dad to change the fuse wire when he gets in....knew i did the right thing in buying spare stuff....my mum is hilarious though, she turned round and said we have fuses too though...i was like o.k where? she says kitchen drawer, rummaging about i found the fuses she was on about... 13A fuses Lol bless her
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2016, 11:43 AM
Good morning

Nice quiet day for you then Lynn after your busy weekend. Enjoy.

Lol eat your mum Griff. We have a good collection of fuses of all sizes but by far the most are 13amp Hope dad can fix the lights when he comes home.

You sound as though you enjoyed your early life Moyra. Friend of min had two sheep (Mint and Sauce) rescued from some Scottish Island. One died quite early on but the other lived a long and happy life with a Shetland pony.

Cloudy and windy here. Keeps threatening to rain but so far so good. Teazle walked, shopping done and put away, coffee had and now lunch is in the oven. Pork chops and roasties, yum.

Have a good day and stay safe.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-02-2016, 01:12 PM
Afternoon to all who have followed. Congrats June on 2000 posts.
What a shame its almost taken a tragedy with that fella's dog brenda before he puts it on lead.
Good luck with the electrics griff. One of our houses in Essex had the fuse wire and the lights went when I was in the bath and Gorden and the boys were travelling home from Harlow and school. Had to learn how to sort that out. What a pain.
Enjoy lunch Sue.

Upstairs done, some washing on the line sheets in tumble drier to late now to put anything out better check on the clothes in a bit. Dillon groomed watched Vera now catching up with wanted down under then hoover down here and dust then bath and hair wash and relax.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2016, 02:12 PM
well we have the wind...it was windy last night but was nice and calm this morning, suddenly it has gone really gusty .... the sun however is streaming into the living room, we have huge windows so you really feel the benefit of the sun...like a little sauna in here
Lynn, i think i know what to do with the fuse box but not 100% sure so will wait for dad to show me, i think you turn the power off, whip the fuse out, put a new bit of wire in, lob the fuse back in and turn the power back on but as i am not terribly sure i will leave it...he will be in a major strop at actually having to do something anyway. He told my mum he would tile her bathroom, fit the new suite etc...he is now wriggling out of it, she said she would pay for the clutch to be fitted in his jag if he did it, luckily i told her not to pay until the job was done and lo and behold no work has started!
Does anyone here have a herron foods near them?? they are doing 6 muller yogurts for £1...i guess they are a short date but if there are a few of you in the house they would go in no time
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-02-2016, 02:15 PM
Moyra sounds like your past life was very enjoyable. I find it hard not to keep looking back on what I had at Fennels and how much I miss it.
Very hard some days isn't it ?
griff best not to touch it if your unsure I wouldn't attempt it again without someone talking me through it. Here when that fuse blew I wouldn't touch it and that was just swapping one fuse for another. New fuse board when we get it soon hopefully ready for shower installation in downstairs bathroom will have a trip switch on it.
Poor dad he will have to moan won't he ?
Everything done now.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-02-2016, 02:22 PM
I have a Heron near to me,I get the girls chicken quarters (£3 for 6) from there. Will pop in tomorrow if I think on.
Wind is very very strong here. Zen has been a very very very Norty baby I decided to ring the changes today so took Lona up on the towpath with Mabs and Zen, little family outing. All was going well until we saw a guy coming towards us with a little white dog. Put Lona on the lunge line before she 'protected' her family from it, called Mabs and Zen, both came straight away, got to a point where I could let him pass, as he came towards me Zen went running towards his dog, and I said she's OK she's only 8 months, no bad in her, he smiled and carried on towards me, all of a sudden, no small dog, it was in the canal, with Zen stood looking down, with a mystified look on her face her new plaything had vanished I shouted OMG and started running towards them, guy got there before me and hauled the poor thing out, I apologised profusely and said she is a brainless bimbo and I am so sorry and he said its OK, he was laughing at least, and he carried on walking with it. Zen hadn't a clue what she'd done, brains of a rocking horse that one. Mabs and Lona were good as gold, the one I wasn't bothered about misbehaving was Zen, and she let me down spectacularly
All my jobs done now, girls having lamb ribs for tea, I'm having the last of the bacon with cheese on it on a butty and a nice mug of tea.
Griff, don't you have switches for your fuse box, like a trip switch and you just flick it back to on with the aid of a broom handle
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »