Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Radar Ears
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-06-2006, 02:48 PM

Does anyone know ? (foster carers)

Hi

I've probably posted this in the wrong section, as usual, so please move it if I have - thanks.

Does anyone know if there are any foster carers for dogs in the Norwich area ?

Friends of mine, who live in Norfolk, have got to sell their house and will probably have to move into rented accommodation.

They have a boxer dog, that they love to bits, but most rented places will not take pets.

They do not want to re-home it, so they wondered whether there was anyone who did "foster-caring" for dogs, whilst they get themselves sorted out ?
Cumbrian Lass
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2006, 12:09 PM
Originally Posted by Radar Ears
Hi

I've probably posted this in the wrong section, as usual, so please move it if I have - thanks.

Does anyone know if there are any foster carers for dogs in the Norwich area ?

Friends of mine, who live in Norfolk, have got to sell their house and will probably have to move into rented accommodation.

They have a boxer dog, that they love to bits, but most rented places will not take pets.

They do not want to re-home it, so they wondered whether there was anyone who did "foster-caring" for dogs, whilst they get themselves sorted out ?
The only system of this sort in place at the moment is really for people who are in need of assistance whilst they are in a 'refuge' (domestic violence victims). I'm sorry I can't think of anyone who would be willing to do this.
If your friend visits a local boarding kennels, they may negotiate a good price since they would want to board the dog for a longer period of time.

(I have moved this here, where it should receive more attention).
scotbun1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2006, 12:43 PM
Contact a few vets or rescues they sometimes have numbers for foster carers. Or local paper.
Tracie