Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2016, 06:39 AM

Daily Thread, Friday, April 29

Good morning everyone, Very cold again this morning and not over bright to start the day with. Didn't want to get up this morning, I guess it is because it is so cold.

Hope you are all well and chirpy this morning. Lynn, hope you are feeling a bit brighter.

Griff, bit of a hit and miss who you see then is it. That rash sounds rather like mine which I am sure is my nerves, I had it before my marriage broke up and was told I was allergic to my then husband. It seemed to disappear once we were apart so maybe there was truth in that and that now I am allergic to Steve!

Have a lovely day everyone and stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless all.
nd take care.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-04-2016, 07:38 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow.
Sorry to hear you have to have a biopsy. Have been around just not got much to say at the moment.
Hope Kota is over her sickness now and that the conservatory is going well Sue.

Dillon's leg is up and down but he seems fine.

Hope everyone is well and all four legged friends too.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-04-2016, 08:53 AM
Woke up to a light dusting of snow this morning, its gone now as it has been raining for a while now, although I think that may have passed over. Forecast says heavy rain all day, but waiting to see if it is lying. Son has gone off to Glasgow, he has promised me that if I cancel Virgin like I want to he will come down and disconnect the TV and set it back up with the aerial before they are actually due to disconnect me and I have nothing to fret over. Have been looking at the phone/broadband packages and initially was going to go with PlusNet, but Sky looks reasonable as well, need to make a decision on it today and then I can cancel Virgin
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2016, 09:10 AM
Morning all. June my friend has talktalk but I think they are all much of a muchness. Some give some things while others give other things. Bit like gas and elec. Pays your money and takes your choice. Sun shining here. Have sorted out times for trains to Sturry when I go away. Can't wait. Stupid saying. Have arranged for someone to come and paint all the white paint on skirtings and doors while I am away with Tyto, Hubby will be here to over see it. They do have some uses. Have a good day all.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2016, 09:35 AM
Morning all
Moyra, no, not hit and miss who i see...i always see my lead consultant and sometimes my old chest consultant comes from leicester (they do what is called a combined clinic), my consultant was not his usual happy self and was very unlike him...i am sure next time i go everything will be fine, to be fair a rash on my chest isn't the end of the world but i won't wear a vest until it is gone, my gp will sort that and if not i will be back to my dermatologist.
Morning Lynn, very good to hear Dillons leg is o.k. Kota hasn't been sick again but i am going to feed her before the medicine today to see if that helps
Brenda, oooo lucky you getting to escape while the decorator comes
TW, as Brenda says...hit and miss with all of them really, we have just our internet through plusnet and they have been fine, been with them a few years now
Got woke up by the sound of a sander, my neighbour has the decorator in...happened yesterday too but today i had a phonecall apologising for the noise and if it was too much she would ask him to turn the sander down...i said it was fine, afterall come may we are having a load of work done and it will be going on for months so i can't moan about the odd day here and there
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2016, 10:19 AM
Morning all, cold and heavy rain showers here. You see TW we don't always get the good weather
Lynn I think we all get like that, well I do, sometimes you just don't want to talk to anyone hugs coming your way.
I have just come in from the greenhouse, I've been potting on some seedlings. We haven't done nearly as much preparation this year. Oh well maybe we will just keep it tidy with a few tubs.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2016, 11:13 AM
Good afternoon

Sorry to hear you have to have a biopsy Moyra hope all will be fine.

Pleased Dillon is still doing ok Lynn. Weekend for you now and an extra day so hope you enjoy it

I agree Griff, work has to be done and it is not as if it will go on for every.

Hope you manage to get out June without getting snowed under.

Poor Gordon and his wallet they will have to lie in a darkened room to get over the shock

Lovely and sunny here. Out early with Teazle, time run done with all the old blinds , a lot of which were torn or broken, and one coat of paint stripper done and now waiting for the next to work. SO busy tie ahead.

Have a good day and stay safe.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-04-2016, 11:32 AM
Rain stopped at the moment, checked girls a while ago and they were all in bed out of the sleet that was falling. Am going to give them a bone each then get off and do the shopping, will have a clean up and put fresh shavings down when I get back. Sky has gone a funny colour, will expect some more snow or sleet soon I think.
Plus net want quite a substantial sum upfront, although they are a bit cheaper than Skytalk, who only want £20 upfront, so I am going to go with Sky. Was with them before Virgin as they took over 02 phone and broadband, best of a bad lot. Talk talk took over the company I was with before that and they were incredibly awful, so won't be giving them the time of day.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2016, 11:33 AM
Nippy, i am sure your garden will look beautiful, my parents have headed off to St Mawes today and my dad said he thought the weather was going to be bad...will make no odds to him, he is looking forward to a pint of Rattler (can't get it here)
Sue...you have been busy again, what paint stripper are you using? i got some from wilko Colron it is called, dman expensive and a bit whiffy but you only have to leave it 15 minutes!! need to get more but i am too skint, all the spindles need doing on the stairs
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2016, 11:35 AM
my aunty used Talk Talk and said they were horrific, a old dear up the road had them and everytime she rung up with a problem they just kept blaming her equipment and saying there would be a call out fee etc
Hope the weather brightens up for you, we have sun at the moment..it won't last i am sure
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >