Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ChrisKnight
New Member!
Male 

05-04-2017, 11:17 AM

Where to look for a lost Husky?

Hey everyone.

I live in a rural-ish area of the South Wales Valleys. A friend was walking with her female husky in a nearby forest and the dog ran off to chase sheep and hasn't returned. This was around 3/4 BST on April 3rd.

My query is for anyone who has a good (preferably professional) knowledge of Husky behaviour/psychology who can suggest what the dog is likely to do or where she is likely to go?

Summary:

Female Husky.
Lost on April 3rd late afternoon.
Chasing sheep in a small forest situated on a valley surrounding a small village.
Big dog, friendly in nature.
Weather has been quite consistently warm with little-to-no rain.

Thank you for any help.

Chris.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-04-2017, 12:22 PM
She could be anywhere by now to be honest Husky's can run for miles. If she was chasing sheep I sincerely hope a farmer hasn't caught up with her. They do have the right to shoot a dog if found worrying sheep.

Has your friend registered her on doglost ? DogLost.co.uk

Hoping she is found soon safe and well.
ChrisKnight
New Member!
Male 

05-04-2017, 12:42 PM
As I thought :\ I was kinda hoping that maybe someone would suggest that she'd seek refuge somewhere near or try returning to the point of last contact with her owner but not sure if Husky's would typically take such actions.

Yeah she' been registered on there and the Rhondda being quite a small, close community, have been sharing her [a social network] posts frantically around the surrounding area. The problem (which may be a good factor) is that the area is very mountainous with lots of farmland and small villages etc. so hopefully she won't have wandered too close to any busy roads but also runs the risk of running into a less sympathetic farmer.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-04-2017, 01:26 PM
Good you have registered her with doglost. Where I use to live they let a young husky male off lead he chased a deer.
He did go for a long way but luckily they found him within a few hours.

It's good it's a small community might be worth trying nooks and crannies if she is unsure or scared she may well be holed up somewhere. Depends on how long she gave chase for I would think.
Keep us updated with the progress. Fingers crossed here she is found soon.
CaroleC
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-04-2017, 03:41 PM
Jenny Brown will give really good advice. She has a super record in locating lost dogs.
Http://www.K9Tracker.co.uk