Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2016, 01:01 PM
Good afternoon everyone - late on parade today

Sorry your trip out is not going to happen Griff but I am sure the animals will enjoy your company

Hope Dillon is soon sorted Lynn poor lad.

I think the brick by the back door was telling you something June lucky you saw it before falling over it. Zen is a north girlie.

Take it easy Gnasher a little at a time. Can't do any gardening at the moment except tidy plants and deadhead roses as the grand is rock hard

Hope they give you some notice before starting the kitchen Moyra.

Wow it is hot today. Got Teazle out early this morning have also been into town and paid bills now having a nice rest and a coffee.

Have a good day and stay safe.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-08-2016, 01:05 PM
They're both onto Paudge, he's putting off the inevitable isn't he.
Everyone been out for a decent walk. Sun is shining, strange cloud formations though, apparently thunderstorms are due.
I do laugh about Zen, because you can't help yourself, she is so enthusiastic and always very happy, extremely apologetic if she mouths too hard and too often, and I can do virtually anything with her. Just her demolition tendancies that need to disappear.
Sorry the day out didn't materialise, Griff, is this Steve by any chance.
You can go into a supermarket and ask for boxes and they'll put them on one side for you to collect the following day. In theory. The practice being that however many times and however many different people I asked, it never actually happened. The tyre people were lovely and couldn't wait to load some boxes in my car though!!!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2016, 03:27 PM
awww Poor Paudge hey TW?? he should have gone to the boss in the first place...yeah, he would have lost his job but he would have done the right thing. Yup was Steve, had a good afternoon anyway Lol...wanted a day with no chemo (being naughty) and a big chillout before the Dr tomorrow as i have a feeling life is going to change for me...again, spent it with nice people and had a laugh but could have done with a hug...never mind
Sue, stick your feet up and relax...bills eugghhhh i hate the darn things
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-08-2016, 03:57 PM
I think Paudge is going to be put under surveillance. Doctors is back Tuesday so only tomorrow and Friday to do it in.
On the way back from the sorting office I passed the house where the 'staffy' with the skin condition lives and he was outside in the front and she was cleaning the car, stopped and offered bones, she said yes please, popped back with some, he is always pleased to see me that dog, wonder why she was saying the skin on his pads peeled off a few weeks ago, just like Kesh at Christmas, took her over the Bob Grass as remember you saying it had worked for you, Griff.
Then I was making up the Golden Paste for the girls, and had a bit of a flashback on something I read about it, checked, and yes it works on itchy dogs. Filled my jar with the golden Paste, put what was left in cottage cheese carton and took it over for her to try. So will see if its any help to him. He's loads better now he's on raw, but they get the odd outbreak every so often,nothing like he was, that dog was a mass of sores and scabs this time last year.
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-08-2016, 03:57 PM
Yeeeee thank you who ever sent the sun this way very hot out
Done nothing but sit with a book this afternoon didn't have much to do for sister this week so home early
Hope everyone's having a great day
All poorly human & doglets are better soon xxxxxx
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-08-2016, 06:12 PM
Sue has been out spending all my hard earned savings. As my wrist still hurts and can't use the petrol hege trimmer we have ordered a Gtec battery one with spare battery and cutting saw attachment.

Me? just checked over my Nikon D800 camera and cleaned the sensor , not that it really needed doing. Nothing worst than seeing hairs across every picture taken.
Apart from going into bexhill to do banking and to homebase (eastbourne) and B&Q to look at hedge trimmers battery powered

Took a bit of research as some have built in batteries, other well known makes don't do spare batteries and others have low powered ones. Quite a minefield really choosing the best , at least on paper and reports
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

24-08-2016, 07:08 PM
Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
Took a bit of research as some have built in batteries, other well known makes don't do spare batteries and others have low powered ones. Quite a minefield really choosing the best , at least on paper and reports
I went through all this about five years ago, decided to standardise on a high power, replaceable battery system so now ALL my cordless tools use the same type of battery and the manufacturer guarantees a ten year availability if ever need to replace them.

Keep away from the built in non replaceable battery tools, they are aimed at the DIY beginers 10.8 or 18 volt lithium ion is the way to go, all the other types have problems and will gobble up your cash before you can say hedge trimmer
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2016, 09:31 PM
Nothing to do with hedge trimmers but my deags loves the gtech vacuum advert...she even wakes from her sleep when she hears the mans voice lol
TW, I found the bob grass really helpful, damn stinky and messy but does work wonders, very kind of you to think of them.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-08-2016, 09:43 PM
He is a lovely boy, very friendly (although that could be the bones LOL) and it is a shame for him. Nice family as well, so if I can help I will, I'll help anyone, trouble is most people are not very receptive so I keep my own counsel.
What time's your appointment, I'll think of you.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2016, 09:59 PM
I am like you TW, if I can help I will...especially involving an animal, that's where my soft side comes out lol. My appointment is 10.30, not looking forward to it to be honest....i know I will deal with whatever is said but I am getting to the point now where I am feeling enough is enough....just being daft and feeling sorry for myself....will give myself a good talking too lol. I will have to fib to my parents if it is really bad as they are off for the weekend and I don't want them to cancel as they are visiting the family in Ireland
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >