Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2016, 06:25 AM

Daily Thread, Thursday 25th August

Good Morning everyone, what a muggy night! Hopefully, it is going to be a lot cooler today. Not very good for sleeping last night. Must try and sort out some boxes today I guess.

That was nice of you to sort the bones and stuff out for that poor staffie across the way. I am sure she appreciates it. June hope there was no more demolition last night and the girls do not mind the heat too much.

Griff, praying all goes well for you today and you come home relieved at what you are told. Do be honest with the Docs about your chest and all other problems no use in hiding it, it will have to come out.

Norma, glad you got some sunshine yesterday, we certainly had too much.

Lynn, hope Dillon coped with the heat yesterday and his paw was not too bad this morning. Hopefully, you will get your car back today or tomorrow.

Nippy Jen are you coping with this heatwave? hope so. When do your German friends arrive?

Mandy, sue, Barry and Brenda hope all is well with you and Harvey you and the dogs too.

Have a good day everyone, stay cool, and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2016, 06:59 AM
Good morning Moyra and all who follow

Hope you are able to source some boxes and then you will be ready to start on the kitchen clear out when given the heads up.

Bee thinking of your today Griff and hope the result are not as bad as you are thinking they will be. We are all here to listen to you so joust sound off and we will rally round and help, if only with words of encouragement. ((Hugs))

Hope everyone is well and coping with the heat.

Agree a very muggy night but does feel a bit cooler this morning, Just off for Teazll's walk and then may dead head the roses and see if I can clear the pea sticks and dead plants and that will be it for the day.

Have a good day and stay safe.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2016, 07:00 AM
Morning Moyra and all to follow. Too hot yesterday to do anything. We did go to Miller and Carter for lunch. Very nice it was to. Today nothing planned much. Just making sure that everyone on the list for training for Saturday knows what to do and where to come. Hope everyone has a good day on here. I am amazed at something: I told the tv licensing people that my hubby reaches the age where we don't have to pay and they said we were due a refund of a month and yep they have paid it already even though the licence doesn't run out till November. Amazing. Wish all companies were like that. Mind you the gas people also reduced our payments so that was good news to. Have a good day. bfn. Where is LG? and good luck for you Griff.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2016, 07:01 AM
Morning Moyra and everyone who follows,
Hope everyone has a good day, really grey this morning, hope it brightens up although don't think it will though.
I went to bed at 10pm last night, I just watched Long lost family then went to bed.
Lauryn had her hair done yesterday, I will post a pic, I love it - Griff think you will
Was a gorgeous day yesterday, unfortunately I was at work all day - typical lol
Griff hope you get on ok at the doctors and it's better than you expect
Have a good day all
Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	5186  
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2016, 07:02 AM
Can't get to post more than one pic at a time
Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	5187  
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-08-2016, 07:09 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow.
Cooler here today after rin during the night. Like you Moyra it was very uncomfortable for sleeping.
Dillon seems to be coping well with the heat surprisingly better than us. We are walking early though.
Good luck with the box hunting and packing.

griff good luck for today. Can imagine how you must be feeling Gill has a scan Sunday and is worried even though her appointment and chat went better than expected. It will give her worry over her holiday with the worry of the results. Nice thought about your mum and dad but don't keep them in the dark to much.
Bet that staffie loved the bones June. Hope there isn't or hasn't been to much barking from the dog next door..
I expect Nippy jen is busy baking away for her guests. Hope she has baked extra for a Dogsey feast.

Hoping for some news on the car today. More bathroom work for Gorden with Mark's help and they put their heads together to solve niggles. Bath in and sitting in it's frame. Now for the plumbing today.
Dillon's paw still niggling a bit managed to get some paw wax on last night to help the pad it does take a good deal of wear that one. He really isn't keen on the wax and it may prove difficult when I haven't got Gorden to pin him down.
I would say though with the previcox it is niggling him less. Would prefer if it stopped it altogether. Soon be 10 days of the previcox and would like to stop it for a while after 10 days.

Hope everyone is well and all four legged friends.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-08-2016, 07:50 AM
Too hot already this morning, but who is complaining? better than it freezing and snowing so one can't even get outside.
extreem excitement here to day as nothing is actually going to happen, so can't wait for that event.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2016, 08:01 AM
Oh don't speak to soon or it will. tt off to do some exciting hoovering etc.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2016, 08:13 AM
morning all
Mandy...looooooooove laurens hair, awesome!!!!
Lynn, do you think you could clicker train dillon to let you apply the wax? Huge hugs for Gill, i hate waiting for scans and results, always seems to take forever, amazing how you go private and then they give you the results the same day yet you have to wait weeks going nhs
TW, wonder what the enviroment divers are upto...hmmm
Brenda, nice to get money back for a change Lol
Sue and Tumbleweed enjoy your day doing nothing...can't see you doing nothing Lol
Moyra, how goes the packing up for the kitchen refit? if i had my own place i would have asked you and amber here for the duration of the works, remember when our kitchen was done....it wasn't too bad as one of the lads was lovely with the dogs
i have got up late as well Lol running about an hour behind, whoops Lol...she is always at least 30 minutes late so will bolt down some brekkie, get dressed and sorted and be off...not too worried about things now, i will be fine whatever is said
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2016, 08:23 AM
Morning Moyra and all. Not really much cooler here. We had rain overnight too, a fair bit I would say Now it is overcast and muggy.
Sue Hope it stays cool enough for you to do your bit of gardening.
Brenda, don't spend that months refund all at once
Mandy, I love Lauryns hair, wish I was 50 years younger I would definitely goo for something like that.
Lol Lynn the majority of things are made and in the freezer, so much easier and it means I will be able to get out and about with them.
Griff, hope all goes well for you today.
My friend has a hospital appt this morning so I am looking after her Yorkie. It's sad really because he misses her so much, he just wont settle.
Right time for dusting
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >