View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2016, 05:36 PM
My husband got his voting card yesterday- I didn't, cos I'm not able to.
The charge for me to become more British than I already am i.e get my passport changed is just pure extortion. So I will write to my mp to let him know my view, when I have decided on the in/out campaign. Not that will make any odds on the ignorant sod but make me feel better. ( he really is, met him & emailed him before, no response)
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2016, 06:08 PM
I really do think it appalling Mandy that the charge is so costly for you...if I ever get a huge wedge of cash I will give you the cash to become "official" madness!!! God on you for writing to your mp to give your opinion, and as for ignorance.....yep, 3of mine didn't get back in touch, 1did and I got a letter from the houses of Parliament!!!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

22-05-2016, 08:59 PM
Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
Wasn't there a certain criteria which had to be met to join the single currency which even Germany and France could not attain so what hope had the poorer countries - zilch - but hey lets go ahead anyway. Recipe for disaster.
Yes Sue you're absolutely right. Obviously one of the most important criteria was the size of the government spending e.g. The Army, the Civil Service, etc.

It is now well known that what they did in Greece was 'forget' some of the government spending, so when it came to the Greek Army they completely ignored the tank reginment, that made the figure just about accpetable, but guess what, the tank reginment didn't go away, the soldiers still got paid, tanks still got their engines serviced, the ammunition for that big pointy thing on the front still got bought
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

22-05-2016, 09:12 PM
Originally Posted by Mandyuk1 View Post
My husband got his voting card yesterday- I didn't, cos I'm not able to.
The charge for me to become more British than I already am i.e get my passport changed is just pure extortion. So I will write to my mp to let him know my view, when I have decided on the in/out campaign. Not that will make any odds on the ignorant sod but make me feel better. ( he really is, met him & emailed him before, no response)
Mandy I do feel sorry for you. I was surprised how much it cost to renew my passport a couple of years ago, I think they are spending such huge amounts on trying to control the hoards of people from all over the world who are comming to UK that they are passing on the cost to legitimate applicants.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

22-05-2016, 09:15 PM
Originally Posted by gordon mac View Post
it is no dafter than some of the tall tales being told by both sides in this debate.
Yes, a lot of so called 'facts' being bandied around.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2016, 09:21 PM
Harvey, for Mandy to become a British citizen it is over £1000!!!
I got my passport renewed this time without getting anyone to sign for me, used the same photo as I haven't changed!!! Never used my last passport, had this one a year and I doubt it will get used so I wasn't paying them a penny more than I had to
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2016, 07:14 AM
I'll let you know if I get a response from the mp and thank you Griff.
The price is rediculous Harvey, one good thing having the nationality that I do, my passport only cost me £65, I say only. Lol
Page 6 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6