View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
CaroleC
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-04-2014, 12:37 PM
No, he slides his dish into a corner and wedges it, but my 12 year old Lurcher/Terrier will do it if her dish slides! Best of luck stopping Elsie, we've learned to live with it!
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2014, 12:40 PM
I have just bought her a rubber bottomed bowl, that won't slip and she only put one foot in rather than 3 at lunch time so hopefully once she works out it won't move we might make progress.

But how to stop her going to sleep with her head in the water bowl needs work
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-04-2014, 01:07 PM
Originally Posted by Julie View Post
...[snip]...But how to stop her going to sleep with her head in the water bowl needs work
My very late lunch has now been splattered all over the place!
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2014, 01:31 PM
I do apologise Malka

I am swiftly coming to the conclusion labs are not quite as bright as Chihuahuas as I can't imagine Betty ever falling asleep while drinking and then just laying in it
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2014, 01:39 PM
Bella would not eat at all out of a 'moving' dish (can't say I'd like my phage shipping around either!)

When I wanted to cut down bit on kibble I made it last longer by putting it in empty plastic bottle. Impossible to wolf it all down quickly then.
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2014, 01:46 PM
That's a good idea we have used a kong in the past too for wet food.
marley123
Dogsey Senior
Male 

14-04-2014, 08:56 PM
I don't think Marley would eat if I put that in his bowl, but if he was hungery and did eat he would take it out first
SarahJade
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-04-2014, 05:39 PM
My dog wouldn't think to take it out, and with his food bowl he just follows it around while eating, with anything bigger he uses his foot though so not totally daft, just mostly.
Because he doesn't think to take things out of his bowl though anything that gets in his way will slow him down, so when he was younger we would put a rubber ball in, so easy to wash afterwards. He never once took it out... so I think that says more about Cookie than this latest 'invention'.
I'm sure my mums lab and my sisters staffy would just take anything that was in the way out of the bowl.
I prefer the go slow bowls if I needed to pick something.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2014, 05:47 PM
Originally Posted by Julie View Post
Looks messy to clean if you use wet food too, I want mine to eat reasonably slowly but not have to struggle and get frustrated. And I want to be able to clean it all up easily not have half the meal off the back of a holey frisby
Julie, that is what I think it is too. Just a Holy Frisbee and a total P.O.S. (no offense to it's creators). The person who advertised the device ignored my questions and hasn't responded since I put a critical "review" of his product here.

I admit I have not tried it, but I have no reason to. It's not even marketed well.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2