Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2017, 06:45 AM

Daily Thread, Monday, 11th September

Good morning all, going to be a wet blustery day today but it is starting off fine.

June, hope you are feeling better thi9s morning and the girls are all ok.

Lynn, hope Gordon has managed to fix the plumbing under the bath, I expect it will be more painting for you today.

Griff, something ought to be done with that chap going around in that state and affecting everyone. Hope you are ok today and your four legged friends.

Harvey, Mandy, Sue, Barry, Besoekar and all our other lovely friends both two and four legged hope you are all ok.

Have a good day, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2017, 07:53 AM
Good morning Moyra, hope you are well.

Very windy here today, then I think of our friends across the pond and think ummm maybe not, poor things

We had the "baby shower" yesterday for Elisha. We had a brilliant afternoon.
Ate soooo much I couldn't eat my dinner when I got home!

Take care everyone x
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2017, 07:58 AM
Good morning Moyra, Nippy and all who follow

Make the most of the good weather Moyra.

Stay safe indoors Nippy we don't want to hear you have been blown away

Hope you are feeling better today June.

Good luck with the plumbing today Lynn and the painting.

Hope everyone else, two and four legged are keeping well.

Not good here. Sunshine and showers and very windy. Have managed a walk without getting wet so will have to see if we get another later on.

Have a good day and stay safe.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-09-2017, 08:20 AM
Looks as if the runner bean plants are about done as only getting one or two now off them. Soon time to pull the plants up. The autumn is certainly here as it has got cooler and rain showers more often in a day.
At least it is not as bad as overseas. Seeing we were in the Caribbean earlier this year, in some of the places shown on TV we would not recognise them as the same place.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2017, 08:35 AM
Trying to send a parcel to Brazil is a nightmare. Had one collected on Thursday and so far it has been to Stanstead, Frankfurt and then Santiago. What Chile is the other side of the continent. It is now being returned to Frankfurt as destination unknown. Well it would be as its in Brazil.What is it with these delivery companies that they can't get the destination right when it is right on the address label. I am spitting feathers here. Now have to wait until tomorrow to see where it is and then ask for their support team to help get it delivered to the right place. At this rate I will be flying out there with it as I think that will be quicker but far more expensive!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-09-2017, 09:37 AM
Morning Moyra, Nippy Jen, Sue and Barry.

Funny weather here to sunny then light rain. Hoping to get washing dry anyway due to the good breeze out there.
Sue what a nightmare about the parcel, hope your blood pressure isn't skyrocketing like mine.
Nippy Jen glad you enjoyed the day yesterday.

This van saga is really getting beyond a joke now. We have roadworks a few feet away from the house going on today. So the stop sign they have put up while Paul and Beth were taking the children to school is opposite our houses and their van being parked on the road means anything stopped will stop vehicles on our side of the road getting through when it is their right of way. It causes problems as it is.
So Beth knocks asking if they can park it on the drive for the day Gorden was like no I am going out in a bit. So she said they would park it in the lorry bay a bit further down well of course they haven't because as soon as they know he is back the van will come on the drive, which means if either or both of us want to go out again we will have to knock.
Taking the pee now or what ? I am in two minds to say we are not selling so you need to sort the drive and stop blocking us in full stop whatever time of day.
My head is pounding with anger now because of the sheer stupidity of buying it without first dealing with the problem it might cause so it wouldn't and taking my friendship a step to far.

Count to 1 million and ten Lynn. Then breathe.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2017, 10:01 AM
Oh Lynn it is beyond a joke, do they have no idea how inconsiderate they are? Obviously not.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2017, 10:21 AM
oooooo Lynn, that is not good.....only thing i can think is say that you and gorden are both in and out a lot today and for the first couple of times he comes back wait 10 mins and go out....then come back after a bit then do the same again...hopefully if it puts them out enough they will see how inconvenient it is, or just go knock and say that you see they've not put the van in the truck stop and you just want to warn them that there will be multiple in and outs today so perhaps best if they did
Nippy, pleased you had a good time
Moyra, i agree totally about something needing to be done about him, to begin with i was sympathetic as i thought he was being picked on....i now see i was wrong, very wrong!! we are all good thanks...well i have had a sore throat since saturday but i can't be bothered with the doctors Lol
Sue...jeez, you don't have much luck sending parcels do you?? best one i had here with royal mail was i sent a recorded delivery letter on a thursday, friday, door goes...could i sign for the letter? i looked and so did the post lady, they had delivered it to my address as the sender!
windy here too today, i think i will stay camped on the sofa Lol
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-09-2017, 11:04 AM
Lynn, all I can say is that at least they do not have you living in fear of making any noise, building a high security fence and installing CCTV. If they can't see how much their lack of interest in making a move on the driveway issues is affecting you, and still they push the boundaries of your goodwill, then they deserve whatever neighbours you can provide for them when you sell the house to someone else. Almost tunnel vision in a way, can't see beyond their own immediate needs and blow you.
Massive thunderstorms last night with sheet lightening. Missed here but all around Manchester. More forecast as well. Got to be some sort of knock on effect of the hurricanes hitting America, they are travelling away from us and not towards,but usually get a couple of decent weeks in early September before the bad weather starts.
Strong wind got up now. I have shut Kesh and Zen in as they were standing out in the rain, probably fed up poor things, but no chance of getting them out in this. There is a dry spell, I start (discreetly) organising myself to get them out, and next minute the rains here
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-09-2017, 11:11 AM
Hope the sore throat feels better soon . Gosh I would be worried to about sitting on seats if that chap had been on before me.
June that is very true and believe me I have had far worse to contend with in the past. to frightened to use my own back garden.
That was years ago.
I think what is upsetting me the most is the level this has gone to and the way my tolerance and friendship has been abused.
If they buy this house of course they can do what they like but while they are waiting to sell Paul's mums flat they cannot leave the van parked on the drive overnight or when things get difficult out the front during the day till they have gained back the access rights.
One or another in the meantime it has be sorted.

Plumbing going slowly. Had one more try at mixing the colour but not working so feeling pretty peed off today. Might pop out and get some paint in a bit and make a start on the bedroom won't take long once I make the initial move.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >