Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2012, 02:46 PM
Originally Posted by Heather and Zak View Post
So let me get this right. It was when you were using the ecollar then, as in your blog about it, that is when Tai and Ben became good friends. and the fighting stopped.

You are SO predictable!! No it was not when we were using the ec, he has always had a tendency to DA apparently. But when we first got him, he was fine with other dogs. Yes, it is true that he and Tai had words to start with, but things settled down between them, the pack became balanced and the fights between them stopped. I don't consider that DA, that was the 2 boys sorting out who was boss between them.
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2012, 06:23 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post

You are SO predictable!! No it was not when we were using the ec, he has always had a tendency to DA apparently. But when we first got him, he was fine with other dogs. Yes, it is true that he and Tai had words to start with, but things settled down between them, the pack became balanced and the fights between them stopped. I don't consider that DA, that was the 2 boys sorting out who was boss between them.
Well at least I am consistent which is more than can be said for your stories. You move the goalposts to suit your stories. What advice did all the trainers and behaviourists that you saw give you about his DA. It's strange that after the use of the ecollar the DA became more noticable.
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2012, 06:32 PM

Sorry - saw this on a certain social site and just had to post it here.

Gnasher - maybe next time you need to write to your neighbours you could print this off and add it in. Maybe the point re the abuse and foul language will get across to her then.

hving said that, maybe it would just inflame the situaion. But funny nonetheless!
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2012, 07:01 PM
tbf if I had offered to pay several times and had nothing but abuse on each occasion then I'd probably have done the same and let the insurance company sort it out with them, rather than take part in a feud.

I wouldn't expect them to necessarily be extra polite or friendly but I wouldn't keep putting myself in the position of being a target for their abuse either, not when the dog/incident has insurance cover.

Tbh it does sound like the woman could have had her vet fees paid by now if she hadnt been throwing abuse and threats around.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2012, 07:01 PM
Well at least I am consistent which is more than can be said for your stories. You move the goalposts to suit your stories. What advice did all the trainers and behaviourists that you saw give you about his DA. It's strange that after the use of the ecollar the DA became more noticable.
Nooooooooooooo!! Just the opposite - that's the whole point of what I was saying!! The DA was NOTHING to do with the ec ... you just keep on digging that hole deeper and deeper!!
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2012, 07:03 PM
Originally Posted by Stumpywop View Post

Sorry - saw this on a certain social site and just had to post it here.

Gnasher - maybe next time you need to write to your neighbours you could print this off and add it in. Maybe the point re the abuse and foul language will get across to her then.

hving said that, maybe it would just inflame the situaion. But funny nonetheless!
You're an absolute star!! That is BRILLIANT ... actually, seriously, it may just make her realise what she's doing, it's worth a try ... I love it!!

Mmmmm, on the other hand, maybe not thanx for giving me a good laugh!!
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2012, 07:10 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
tbf if I had offered to pay several times and had nothing but abuse on each occasion then I'd probably have done the same and let the insurance company sort it out with them, rather than take part in a feud.

I wouldn't expect them to necessarily be extra polite or friendly but I wouldn't keep putting myself in the position of being a target for their abuse either, not when the dog/incident has insurance cover.

Tbh it does sound like the woman could have had her vet fees paid by now if she hadnt been throwing abuse and threats around.
Doberman, believe me - she would have had her cheque had she not slammed the phone down on me as she shouted I was so f'ing arrogant when I rang up to enquire after her poor dog. I knew she was going to be angry, I don't mind angry, I don't mind even a torrent of anger and vitriol, that is all perfectly understandable, but as I have said a thousand times before, I will not put up with consistently being told to f off - or being slandered behind my back.

After the third offer, we decided enough was enough.

Bear in mind the history here - we had her gorgeous GSP to stay with us shortly after they moved in when they went on holiday for 2 weeks, no probs, I loved having him. I have also looked after their cats several times for short periods, I am not a cat person myself, but I am more than happy to look after anyone's cats, and have done so for other neighbours as well. I don't want a medal for doing this, I did it all because I wanted to. I just find her behaviour so many weeks after the index incident so extraordinary, bearing in mind the above and the very amicable, nay even close, relationship that we have always enjoyed. It's a slap in the face, but there we are, whoever said human relationships were straightforward was frankly talking through their rear ends!!
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2012, 07:46 PM
Gnasher ---she would have had her cheque had she not slammed the phone down on me as she shouted I was so f'ing arrogant when I rang up to enquire after her poor dog.--- Why on earth would she say this if there was no reason? I find it strange unless of course you were arrogant. We can only go by your side of things of course.
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2012, 08:01 PM
38 pages and counting of "my dog attacked the neighbours dog and I'm trying to justify getting out of paying for the damages by fishing for sympathy on tinternet"
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2012, 08:03 PM
Gnasher ---she would have had her cheque had she not slammed the phone down on me as she shouted I was so f'ing arrogant when I rang up to enquire after her poor dog.--- Why on earth would she say this if there was no reason? I find it strange unless of course you were arrogant. We can only go by your side of things of course.
Fair comment - but if you asked ANYONE who knows me, they would all say to a man and a woman that they cannot think of ANYONE LESS ARROGANT than me!! Opinionated, yes, dogmatic, yes, bad tempered sometimes, yes, fluffy headed yes, even dim sometimes and picking up the wrong end of the stick, but never arrogant. OH reckons what she was implying was that I was arrogant to have the CHEEK to ring her and ask her how her boy was - having wracked my brains, I think he is probably right.

Now if she had said that OH was arrogant, then I would go along with that. He is arrogant, but lovely with it nonetheless!
Page 38 of 51 « First < 28 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 48 > Last »