View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2008, 08:46 PM
Milo is fine with children, but then he is fine with everything and everyone.
Shady who was bought up in exactly the same way as Milo suffers with fear aggression towards them so I don't walk her where there are likely to be children and NEVER let her off lead if any are about. But then Shady has fear aggression with traffic or towards dogs approaching her too.
She loves all adults though.
Teddysmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-05-2008, 09:13 PM
Yes, but they couldn't eat a whole one!

Sorry couldn't resist.
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2008, 09:28 PM
Originally Posted by Teddysmum View Post
Yes, but they couldn't eat a whole one!

Sorry couldn't resist.

MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2008, 09:37 PM
Missy does - really likes them.
She was never brought up around them - she was an old lady's dog.
But every child we've met she let them stroke and fuss her - way before she'd even let an adult do that.
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2008, 01:35 AM
Kaiy loves anyone that will let him kiss them (that includes the odd Judge !!)

and Seku loves anyone if there's a chance of a belly rub

THey've been around our 3 kids and my Nieces and Nephews, so it's never been an issue !

My two regularly get their tails and ears played with at the school gates
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2008, 05:54 AM
Jack's afraid of children, I've never had any in the house, and no child has ever stroked him, not by choice, just the circumstance has never arisen, but when he's out on a walk and we pass children, he's back to the cowering, shaking, frightened dog he was when we first got him, we do know he came from a home with young children, I just wonder what they were allowed to do to him, or whether it just brings back bad memories for him
Chellie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-05-2008, 07:13 AM
Originally Posted by shaza View Post
Looks like I'm the only one to answer No Ozzie hates children - he's petrified of them - gives them a real wide birth - if he feels trapped by one he growls - it's a nightmare! I've tried, I really have! Where as Petto just loves anyone including children!

Any tips regarding Ozzie and children would be greatly appreciated!
You're not alone. My FIL's Shiba is the same. If he hears children when we are out walking he will head in the other direction. You can't get him to walk past them for love nor money. It's got to the point that they can't take him on holiday with them any more because they can't go anywhere

The only kids that he has had direct contact is mine (and I can guarantee that they haven't done anything to him, he loves them anyway) but he is a child magnet when out because, along with Nala, the kids think that they are teddy bears and they have been grabbed, hugged and pulled (all without the parents asking they just run up out of nowhere).

Nala has taken it all in her stride, Zac just hears kids and avoids them like the plague. We have been known to walk up to 3 miles out of our way to avoid stressing him out by making him walk past them
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2008, 07:36 AM
blackie loves children. he thinks they are all there to play with him. he showed a little bit of jealousy once when i was feeding a baby but that was soon sorted by having blackie get up on the sofa with me.

all the grandkids love him and make a fuss of him

sue
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2008, 07:46 AM
Dougal is great with kids, he gets all wiggly when they first arrive at the house then he's bored and goes off to lie down,
unless they have a football....dog's nuts about football. Unfortunately we haven't found a Dougal-proof football yet, they all get burst real quick.
Fliggle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2008, 09:32 AM
Dingo adores kids. He loves to play with them and will even steal the kids toys if they ignore him for too long. Adults he's completely different with, he's very nervous and won't go near until he's feeling more confident.

Heidi
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >