Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2006, 05:45 PM

Dumped Puppies Thriving

Remember the little ones dumped in the bottle bank? Well very pleased to say they are doing well

http://www.cumberland-news.co.uk/new...aspx?id=376589

At least there is a happy ending to their sad story
Het
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2006, 06:13 PM
I read about this in the Cumberland news yesterday...I hope they track down the people who did this. I cannot for the life of me understand why people dump animals like this, if they don't want them surely it is just as easy to take them to a rescue shelter, they obviously have no humanity or conscience!!
angelmist
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2006, 07:44 PM
I think this is awful & I hope they catch who did it, the problem is some of these authorities are so contradictive, the above article says at the bottom: "anyone who does not want an animal or cannot handle the amount they have is urged not to dump them but to contact a sanctuary or vet to ensure they are propely cared for."

Recently a neighbours young relative lost his flat & split with his girlfreind, taking her dogs with him as he didn't think she could look after them properly, his family who put him up would not allow the dogs to stay as they already owned a dog which was dog aggressive & so not feesable, the lads father said he had a week to rehome them or he was dumping them agenst his sons wishes, he went to the vet for help who told him to go to the local rescue centre, the local rescue centre said they only take in dogs brought in by the RSPCA, the RSPCA wouldn't help as they said they only take dogs which have suffered niglect, cruelty or have been dumped. & in such a short space of time its not often you will find someone willing to take in 2 un housed trained mongrels, fortunatly these dogs were lucky & a friend took them on but that could very easily have turned into a situation of yet more dogs being dumped. Put in that situation is it any wonder some people turn to doing things such as dumping animals by sides of roads as a last resort, in the hope that at least this way they will be picked up by the authorites & found good homes? A lot of you slate people who do things like this but there are always 2 sides to every story.

I'm not saying what these blokes did was right far from it this situation was pure cruelty, by putting them in plastic bags & putting them in a bottle bank they were obviosly out to make these pups suffer. Its just the comments at the bottom of the articles like this about handing unwanted dogs over that really make you think, if only it were that easy!

Sorry for rambling rant over.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2006, 07:51 PM
Awwww I love happy endings like this

I can understand what you're saying angelmist, but if you're going to dump any unwanted animals, there's no need to shove them in a bag and throw them in a skip is there! I mean, you can put them in a box with some bedding and leave them on the doorstep of some animal sanctuary or vets can't you, so there's still no excuse for that evil b**tard who did this, he was just plain evil!
angelmist
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2006, 07:55 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54
Awwww I love happy endings like this

I can understand what you're saying angelmist, but if you're going to dump any unwanted animals, there's no need to shove them in a bag and throw them in a skip is there! I mean, you can put them in a box with some bedding and leave them on the doorstep of some animal sanctuary or vets can't you, so there's still no excuse for that evil b**tard who did this, he was just plain evil!
I totally agree with you & I said that in my post, I'm just saying that comments like "anyone who does not want an animal or cannot handle the amount they have is urged not to dump them but to contact a sanctuary or vet to ensure they are propely cared for." as on that article, are just so annoying coz the fact is its not always as easy as they make it sound, if you get what I'm saying.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2006, 08:05 PM
Yes, i suppose you're right there, but luckily I've never been in that position to have enquired about this sort of thing. If you've heard of experiences then I suppose it must be true, and that's just plain sad isn't it. Somebody ought to put them straight on it then shouldn't they, if they think it's as easy as that, which I honestly thought it was I do see where you're coming from though with your post, sorry if I sounded like I didn't! I just wanted to get it off my chest how bad I felt about the way these poor pups were abandoned, it just shouldn't be happening should it.
angelmist
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2006, 08:07 PM
Your right it shouldn't & its very sad indeed. But luckily these to had a happy ending which is always nice to hear.
Het
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2006, 08:21 PM
Originally Posted by angelmist
I totally agree with you & I said that in my post, I'm just saying that comments like "anyone who does not want an animal or cannot handle the amount they have is urged not to dump them but to contact a sanctuary or vet to ensure they are propely cared for." as on that article, are just so annoying coz the fact is its not always as easy as they make it sound, if you get what I'm saying.
I understand what you are saying, but you have to look at that article in the context of the area of circulation of this newspaper. As far as I am aware in this area there are a number of rescues/RSPCA shelters who would have taken these puppies and who will generally take in unwanted animals
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2006, 08:35 PM
Thank God the good people in this world outnumber the bad
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2006, 04:22 PM
Hear, Hear Vicki.

I understand what Angelmist is saying - you would think that someone would have helped that guy out, it seemed they didn't want to know.

It isn't the first time I've heard stories like that either

I do hope they do a follow up report once the dogs have grown up, it would be lovely to see them as adults, all healthy and happy in their new homes wouldn't it?