Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2017, 09:36 AM

Daily Thread, Friday,8th December

Good morning folks, Got chilled through walking Amber this morning. Hope you are all in fine fettle including our 4 legged friends.

Have a good day, keep out of the cold wind and stay safe. God bless.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2017, 09:56 AM
Morning, off to see some friends shortly.
Dr yesterday said my shoulder is a pulled muscle...i am not convinced, it feels nothing like a pulled muscle and i picked up my blood results after the appt and they show the markers for infection...i don't have any issues except for my shoulder so wondering if an infection, my usual gp is back next week so will ask her to take a look
We had a bit of Snow this morning, we missed it as i was still in bed Lol
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-12-2017, 10:50 AM
Morning Moyra, griff and all who follow.

Very cold breezy but dry here today. Went to London yesterday with Gorden to see Michael and have lunch it was very quiet up there except for the tubes and trains being busy.
Left my contingency plan in place re: Dillon in case I didn't make it back. Instructions to Beth and Paul and Mark and letters left it is like a well oiled machine my plan.
Gorden put me on the train back that was late and one had been cancelled so poor Dillon had a long day but as always so good. He is working today so easier for him to stay in London overnight I will collect from the station this evening.
Thought I would be standing all the way to downham from kings cross but luckily got a seat when some piled off at Hitchin.

griff sounds like your doctor will be the best person to chat to doesn't it.
Moyra hope you are feeling a bit better and as for the mad husky woman well words fail me.
Harvey hope Casey is doing ok.
Congrats Kazz never doubted you.

Hope everyone and people I have missed off the list are well and all four legged friends are to.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2017, 11:01 AM
Good morning g Moyra, Lynn, Griff and all who follow

Hope you have now warmed u Moyra

Pleased you had a good day out yesterday Lynn and hope Dillon wasn't too put out with a long day on his own. Once in a while I dont think hurts them.

Hope your doctor can shed some light on your shoulder for you Griff and if an infection it is cleared quickly.

Lovely and sunny but cold here. Have had to take Barry's car in so find out the problem with the stop/start system which keeps coming up as "system fault". Fingers crossed it is not too expensive as sit has just run out of warranty - typical! Did a bit of running round whilst out so now it is coffee time.

Hope everyone is keeping well

Have a good day and stay safe and warm.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2017, 05:47 PM
Hi Sue, hope Barry's car was not a big problem. Been very slow on here today but boy has it been cold, I have not thawed out all day.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-12-2017, 06:00 PM
Been busy here again brushing Dillon, housework then phoned Gill and later Beth popped in for a cuppa.
Been freezing here all day Moyra and I have to go out in about 1/2 hour to pick Gorden up from the station.

Well Peter is raging as am I. He phoned their local council today to get an update on the stairlift as they were told December for fitting.
Well he got hold of the service manager who told him their own contractors have to go in to measure not the ones from the firm that the occupational therapist recommended and had go round to measure.
They will not accept the measurements already given so Gill now has to wait for the council contractors to go in and measure up then probably another 4-6 weeks for the stair lift to get fitted.
Talk about being messed about.
They had been told it was made and the council were going to fit it so someone has been telling lies and messed things up and so now Gill has to wait again. Doubt it will go in this side of Christmas 4 months this fiasco has been going on.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2017, 06:21 PM
That is terrible Lynn, hope Gill is still managing ok though.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2017, 06:34 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Been busy here again brushing Dillon, housework then phoned Gill and later Beth popped in for a cuppa.
Been freezing here all day Moyra and I have to go out in about 1/2 hour to pick Gorden up from the station.

Well Peter is raging as am I. He phoned their local council today to get an update on the stairlift as they were told December for fitting.
Well he got hold of the service manager who told him their own contractors have to go in to measure not the ones from the firm that the occupational therapist recommended and had go round to measure.
They will not accept the measurements already given so Gill now has to wait for the council contractors to go in and measure up then probably another 4-6 weeks for the stair lift to get fitted.
Talk about being messed about.
They had been told it was made and the council were going to fit it so someone has been telling lies and messed things up and so now Gill has to wait again. Doubt it will go in this side of Christmas 4 months this fiasco has been going on.
For Lords sake...............
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-12-2017, 07:28 PM
She is managing Moyra because she has no choice but to to get to bed. She has a porta potti thing in the living room kept under a large cardboard box and the same in her bedroom in case she cannot make it across the landing in the night.
Their problem is getting her up and down she is in pain Peter has arthritis in his knees and hands.

We are a bit confused to be honest as is our brother as we felt the company making the stairlift would install it and take it our when no longer needed due to warranty etc.,
That was the way mums was done all the council had a hand in was paying for it.
I would love to interfere but daren't as she will not speak to me again I did once over her health at her doctor many years ago and it caused a row so I let well alone now.
I fought for mum and dad but sadly for Gill have to sit on my hands and bite my tongue.

I feel strongly someone somewhere has messed up big time and now everyone is passing the buck.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2017, 08:41 PM
Oh dear Lynn, that is not on! Hope it will all come good in the end. Night all.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >