Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2017, 08:15 AM

Daily Thread Friday 24th November

Good morning everyone

Pleased Lara is nearly back to normal Harvey. Yes its is the same here with regards to garden bins. Used to be included in the rates but now you have to pay for each one but at least they empty them all year except for Christmas and New Year week.

Naughty Griff are you going to take it today? A lot of people here get excited about the lights being switched on but from what I have seen when going into town not worth the bother

Hope all two and four legged are keeping well

Dry here this morning but cold and not going to warm up a lot either. Must catch up on housework today but other than that will see what happens

Have a good day and stay safe.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-11-2017, 08:36 AM
Morning Sue and all who follow.
Nice bright dry day here today. Off out with Beth again in a short while we are going to ikea in Milton Keynes.

Have fun with the housework Sue day off for me Gorden is on duty instead.
Tut tut griff. Hope you take the chemo today.
Good news Lara is is beginning to improve Harvey. Such a worry these dogs of ours.
Our bins are the same the black for normal rubbish and the green for recycling come under your council tax. The brown one for garden rubbish is optional and you pay about £50 a year to have one. We talk about it but never get round to ordering it.

Have a good day all and hope everyone and all four legged friends are well.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2017, 10:29 AM
Lol...Nope!!! i am going for lunch today so not taking it, i am getting fed up with it to be honest
at the moment, we get the brown bin included , we have just gone to fortnightly collection so the brown bin will be meptied every fortnight all year long instead of stopping in november, would be nice to not have to ring the council each week and ask them to come back and empty the bin that they have missed...since the change we haven't had a week where the bin has been emptied. Just had to call them again this morning as they never picked up the house bin with 2 weeks worth of rubbish in it, ridiculous
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2017, 11:36 AM
Hi everyone, am sure I have done the right thing in cancelling the use of the solicitor. They just want to take advantage of situations. I hope that 20K chokes her. She cannot take it with her, she is older than me.

Apparently she offered the bungalow to my brother in law for £100K. He told her where to stuff it. I(t is a case of watch wait and see what happens next. I am in no hurry!
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-11-2017, 08:33 PM
After the strong winds the other night I decided to check the front house gutters. From an upstairs window I could see the one on the garage was full So got out the Skyvac and started with a 4 pole setup to reach the very top gutter which is 6 metres (about 20 ft) up, plus my height and sucked out a load of leaves. Then reduced the length by removing one pole to do 3 other gutters. next was to use one pole to do over the front porch and gargage gutters.
I got out nearly a SKyvac container full so well worth doing. With all that weight I do wonder sometimes how gutters stay up of those smallish brackets what with the water they take when raining.
So while the kit was out I did the back gutter and conservatory as well.

have to say what a godsend that Skyvac is. it has more than paid for itself, even Sue agrees it was a good investment.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2017, 09:19 PM
Well done Barry, it certainly seems to have paid for itself. My drive is absolutely full with leaves because I am in the corner of a car parking area, the leaves all collect here! Goodnight all, I am off to bed.