Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-10-2017, 10:21 PM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
You know Besoeker when he passes you will be bereft. He is such a beautiful dog. Unfortunately, our bestest friends have such limited lives on this earth. Enjoy him for as long as you can.
Thank you Moyra. Yes, he really is a lovely chap. He has been with me through thick and thin. He just knows. But I think that I'm coming out of that long dark tunnel.

We'll crack on together until one of us pegs out.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-10-2017, 03:48 PM
Max is just Max Sometimes he knows the score without us giving him any clues. No, that's not right. He obviously just picks up things. Quite how, I don't know.

As some of you probably know, I had some ailments that need routine hospital checks. Today was one such. Because of dismal parking arrangements, we take a taxi. Max somehow knows he can't go. So he goes out sits in the back garden and presses the ignore button.

I don't know what clues him in. The word taxi maybe? How many words he know? Certainly more than we realise.

He is staring at me now. I dare not say or even spell walk or stroll........

But he got his way,
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2017, 05:56 PM
Besoeker, perhaps it is time for you to write a book about your life with Max, it would make interesting reading.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-10-2017, 07:36 PM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Besoeker, perhaps it is time for you to write a book about your life with Max, it would make interesting reading.
I did actually start on an autobiography a few years ago. Prior to the Max invasion. Cascode's tale

I suppose I've had a more varied life than many. Some might call it lucky and sometimes I think I ought to see it that way. I travelled a lot from the frozen great lakes in Canada to the Sahara desert. And lots of stops in between.

Work for the most part. I spent months in South Africa both before and after apartheid. My first visit was Durban maybe around 1972 or earlier. For me, it was a bit of a shocker. Seats for whites only. But the racial divide wasn't the worst.

It was the black on black. Black security guards coshing black labourers over the head.

I'm an electrical engineer and I was commissioning electrical kit in a paper mill. I think I was picked because nobody else would go. So I had a (white) electrician as a pair of hands.How dare I use tools...... And the electrician had a black labourer.

One afternoon Donny, my electrician, had to be elsewhere so I was left with the labourer. He was just so helpful. Obsequious might better describe it. That was just a little uncomfortable for me, the ignorant Scot.

Anyway, at the end of the working day it was pelting down rain so I offered him a lift home. He accepted reluctantly.
Next day I was hauled up by (white) management for a right bollocking. For doing what I thought was right. An eye opener for the country bunkum.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-11-2017, 05:26 PM
Life moves on.
I retired a couple of years ago aged seventy.
A few ailments laid me low for a bit. But I'm back up and running - well strolling might be be more accurate....

Max trots, gallops, and canters. But that bond......I don't how to explain it. Some have met called it intense. Eye to eye contact and nothing shifts it. Of course I love my dog. And that he is so attached to me.

Lucky. Accept and move on.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-11-2017, 12:17 AM
Originally Posted by Besoeker View Post
Life moves on.
I retired a couple of years ago aged seventy.
A few ailments laid me low for a bit. But I'm back up and running - well strolling might be be more accurate....

Max trots, gallops, and canters. But that bond......I don't how to explain it. Some have met called it intense. Eye to eye contact and nothing shifts it. Of course I love my dog. And that he is so attached to me.

Lucky. Accept and move on.
My two best buddies...

When I see that I realise just how big he is. He romped around with the GSD he has known for a couple years. Max is now as big, if not bigger. I'm glad he is on our side........
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2017, 06:44 AM
Have you ever thought of having a DNA done to find out what Max is crossed with? Be interesting to know. Maybe all rescues should have a DNA done?
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-11-2017, 07:45 AM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Have you ever thought of having a DNA done to find out what Max is crossed with? Be interesting to know. Maybe all rescues should have a DNA done?
Not something I have a wish or need to know. He is just a lovely fellow and a pet. Max is Max.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-11-2017, 08:55 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Brenda
I looked back at this and my response seemed a bit abrupt. For that, I do apologise.

As a result of some of the treatments I've had, I get days when I am bit cranky - or more cranky than usual. And sometimes it spills over.

A stroll for an hour with the hound usually sorts that out. He makes people smile - including even grumpy old me..........
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2017, 11:04 PM
What a lovely photo Besoeker, we all have 'grumpy ' moments
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >