Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2008, 10:43 AM

Please help Animal Asia end dog & cat eating

Forwarding this from another forum as i think its a very important issue. IMO i think its disgusting that the Oylmpic games is being help in a country with such a terrible view on both human rights and animal welfare . . . .

I came across these people at The Cold Wet Nose Show last weekend and it has really touched my heart.
Thousands of dogs and cats are brutally slaughtered for food everyday in live animal markets across Asia for human consumption. Crammed together in cages without food, water or shade dogs and cats are routinely beaten to death or boiled alive in the misguided belief that ' torture equals taste'.
So the worse these innnocent animals are treated the better the meat taste. The large breeds are the most popular because they produce a lot of meat quickly.
Please could you visit the website, there is a petition on there somewhere but I have hard copies here that I can email to anyone who thinks they can get a few signatures to help end this awful trade.

http://www.animalsasia.org/index.php...enupos=1&lg=en

I have emailed to try and get a hard copy of the form so if anyone wants one then either go the link or say on here. . .
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2008, 11:43 AM
We're with you on this one Hun, and have petitioned in the past relentlessly about it as we are very much against it and are members of organisations that try hard to get these poor animals out before they are slaughtered, same with monkeys etc.,

Sickening isn't it
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2008, 11:45 AM
Don't get me wrong i eat meat and drink milk ect BUT i firmly believe in compassion in world farming and ONLY buy local british meat and free range chicken.

The conditions these poor animals endure and the tourture they are put through is just evil.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2008, 12:12 PM
I must admit I opened your link with dread....but what a wonderful organisation! They are doing so much great work - thanks for the link.
kingbenny
Dogsey Senior
Male 

18-07-2008, 01:42 PM
Great work. I'm never one to critcise other peoples cultures but i also feel we have the right to try to stop stuff like this carrying on.
fluffybunnyfeet
Dogsey Senior
Male 

10-08-2008, 02:13 PM
I was reading about this yesterday in the vets, there are a number of campaigns and websites but like most things in China and some other Asian countries it appears to fall on deaf ears.

China has ordered dog meat to be taken off the menu at its 112 official Olympic restaurants in Beijing in order to avoid offending foreign visitors. Restaurant workers have been advised to suggest other options to diners who order dog and Xinhua, China's official news agency has reported that any restaurant found violating the ban will be black-listed. The ban forbids all designated Olympic restaurants from offering dog and urges other food outlets to remove the meat from menus, for the duration of the games.
Nice one China, hide it behind the curtain until the worlds eyes are no longer looking, that will really help matters no end. Meantime the butchers will still carry on their evil trade which is estimated to be around 30 million dogs a year, to put that in perspective the UK has about 6 million dogs.

Personally I feel very strongly about this, it should be a sticky or have its own subject particularly as its raised its ugly head again due to the Olympics. Maybe the admins could see their way to making it so as its seems a whole lot more important than a sticky entitled dog names.