Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2006, 11:45 AM

Talk Talk Free broadband Offer Beware

have spent the last 2.5 hours getting through and being cut off by them. I put my name forward online with them for the offer. They keep putting back the day I can have the offer yet they have already taken my first months money out of the bank. So I phoned today to cancel it all as I havn't yet got a service with them except my call charges which I have always had and been happy with and told them I no longer wanted them to connect me up to the broadband or thier line rental just keep the calls as normal.
Anyway finally I get through to the right person who tells me I cannot get out of it for 18 months as I have joined a contract verbally even though I have signed nothing and I have lost my 1571 answer service and caller display as they never connected me when they should have, but I will NOT get a refund for lost services as they will connect it within the next 5 days.
I wanted out as as I have been hearing how the hidden charges soon start creeping in, like they give you the whole 8 meg but because your line won't support it you then have to buy a peice of equipment from them and how the reasonable use is minimal so go over it (whatever it is, they won't disclose that) and pay through the nose.
If anything goes wrong with your line they are terrible to get through to and slow to respond when you do finally manage it and cut you off goodness knows how many times when they transfer you to the "right" person.
I'm fuming I have been so stupid but want to warn the rest of you, think carefully if you are tempted.

Bev
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2006, 12:21 PM
Omg my next door neighbour was recommending this to me last week, she has just gone on it although she hasn't sorted her broadband out on her computer yet. I thought when she told me that it seemed too good to be true all for £9.99 a month. Might print this off and show her.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2006, 12:31 PM
Oh dear Don't we have a law whereby anything we sign up for, even though you didn't actually sign, it was verbal, we have a 14-day cooling off period? I would get some advice on this one, as I'm sure they're pulling a fast one somehow. I'm sure, no matter what you are buying, you have a 14 day period in which you can change your mind? Hope I'm right. Why can't you go back to who you were with BT? and get some advice from them, they would know whether you can cancel or not, and they might be willing to do all they can to help you in the hope of getting you back as a customer! good luck, what a scam!
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-05-2006, 01:07 PM
Helen is right that theres a 14 day cooling off period with any type of contract-verbal or written.Quite honestly though,Talk Talk have not fulfilled their end of the agreement by not supplying you with an internet connection so should be void.

See here also about Talk Talk...
http://www.dogweb.co.uk/showthread.php?t=35623
Sasdax
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-05-2006, 09:48 PM
Not to do with their Broadband offer. I bought a mobile phone off the internet and had an option to enquire about talk talk for landline phone calls. Before I knew it I had a letter from them stating that they had been in touch with my previous provider and that I would be transferred to them on such and such date.
I quickly emailed, phoned and mailed them to cease the transfer immediatly as they had no right as no agreement had been formed. I then had to contact my provider to state that I had no intention of moving and they were well aware of them.
Thankfully all was okay in the end but what a hassle just for buying a mobile!!