Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
oveione
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-10-2009, 06:40 PM

Advice on puppy

Hi my puppy sassy is eight weeks old and currently on four meals a day which i know is the recomended amount but she doesnt eat all four meals i only give her enough to cover the bottom of her food bowl she is on dry food with a little bit of water to moisten it she is a colliexspringer i was wondering weather to cut her down to three meals any advice would be apperciated
Labman
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-10-2009, 06:50 PM
Originally Posted by oveione View Post
Hi my puppy sassy is eight weeks old and currently on four meals a day which i know is the recomended amount but she doesnt eat all four meals i only give her enough to cover the bottom of her food bowl she is on dry food with a little bit of water to moisten it she is a colliexspringer i was wondering weather to cut her down to three meals any advice would be apperciated
You might also consider cutting back on how much. You should be feeding a puppy chow now. Switching to an adult chow for the
larger breeds at 4 months, slows growth and helps develop sturdier joints.

Your dog definitely should be narrower at the waist than the hips and chest. You
should be able to easily feel the ribs, but not see them. Each dog is different.
Standard recommendations are a good place to start, but each dog must have its
food and exercise adjusted to its individual needs.

No reason not to cut back to 3 meals. The service dog schools we raise puppies for has the hundreds of puppies they send home every year on 3 meals a day when we pick them up at 7 weeks.

Nobody knows more about puppy care than the highly trained and experienced teams of professionals managing the service dog schools.