Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
PurpleJackdaw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2005, 10:43 AM

Wanted Ducks

I have got my small field ready for some ducks ,but cant find any nearby at the moment ,I would love some Welsh Harlequin Ducks ,but would concider other breeds
If anyone knows of any in the Angus area of Scotland please let me know thanks
Daniellew
Dogsey Junior

23-04-2005, 09:15 AM
Have a look at this website it may help
Harlequin ducks
PurpleJackdaw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2005, 12:07 PM
thanks I've sent them an email ,its too far for me to travel ,but they might know someone nearby with some
Daniellew
Dogsey Junior

23-04-2005, 05:04 PM
hi

Try this as well

Stirlingshire
Carbrook Wildfowl - Private Collection (75 species). Many rare and unusual plus the more common species. Also waders and cranes. Surplus stock often available.
Tel: 01324 570845
Email: davidaitchison12@aol.com
Aileen
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-04-2005, 06:25 PM
There is a "Sale of Rare and Minotity Breeds of Cattle, Horses, Pigs, Sheep, Poulty and Waterfowl. Implements and Hand Tools From A Bygone Era. Third Sale of Registered Shetland Ponies, Sale of Horses, Ponies and Tack." at Thainstone Mart up near Inverurie on 7th May. You could try phoning them nearer the time to see if they have any.

I noticed some Welsh Harlequin hatching eggs were selling for £15/dozen on September 24th last year.

Aberdeen and Northern Marts: http://www.goanm.co.uk

Aileen x
PurpleJackdaw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2005, 10:18 PM
thanks I'll look into it ,I have found a few places in Scotland that might have some ,but at the moment transport is a problem as my car has died so I have to get a lift from my friend who dosent want to travel too far ,but hopefully I will be able to get a new car in a few weeks time and that will help ,I have seen quite alot of fertile eggs on ebay for sale again a problem as none of my hens are broody yet and I dont have an incubator ,I have tryed the SSPCA they dont know of any ducks needing homes ,I even tryed a open prison thats not too far away after the SSPCA said they might have some spare ducks ,lol it was strange phoning a prison looking for ducks
I have got my field all ready for some and just cant find any I just need to try and be patient ,I will get some at some point I just cant stand the waiting ,I am so looking farwards to getting some