register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: Is CM improving as a TV trainer & offering more apt advice
Yes 45 52.33%
No 41 47.67%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Closed Thread
Page 64 of 84 « First < 14 54 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 74 > Last »
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2009, 10:14 AM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
I love these threads----it is the only time Gnasher and CC post and they are such good value!

Keep it coming girls!

rune
Ha Ha someone else has noticed.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2009, 10:16 AM
Originally Posted by Heather and Zak View Post
Ha Ha someone else has noticed.
And what contribution have you made to the discussion of late, apart from trying to ridicule Gnasher over the "wolf" thing, which came back and bit you on the ass, didn't it
scarter
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-09-2009, 10:20 AM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Wouldnt say it was "normal" Ive never had a dog that guarded anything, thats Dobes, Labs, Collie crosses, mongrels and Terriers.
Maybe your dogs are abnormal then ?

Seriously though, the behaviorists I've spoken to and the books that I've read all describe resource guarding as normal canine behavior. It's not desirable in dogs living with humans and it's something you want to train out of them. But normal behavior for a dog.

Our oldest was the only dog in the house for a full year. She wasn't a resource guarder. We could take anything off her and she'd share bones, anything with other dogs.

The little one came along and was guarding from us and our older dog at 7 weeks old. The older one started guarding highly valued resources against other dogs at this point. When she had to share more I guess it became more important to guard the things that matter.

Now that we're being firm with the little one he's eased up and is happy for us to take things from him. He's also lightened up around our older dog. No idea what's going on in their little heads, but it's as if they feel they don't need to guard things because we're taking care of all the goodies?
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2009, 10:42 AM
Originally Posted by CheekyChihuahua View Post
...............and you are such a silly little girl Hard to believe you have a grown up Daughter
Sometimes people make it too easy (G)!

rune
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2009, 10:43 AM
And what contribution have you made to the discussion of late, apart from trying to ridicule Gnasher over the "wolf" thing, which came back and bit you on the ass, didn't it

And again!

rune
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2009, 10:45 AM
Originally Posted by scarter View Post
However, if you watch the progarm and see someone that clearly loves dogs, uses kind methods and shows how to develop a good relationship that results in a happy, well balanced dog then you'd be daft not to give it a try.
and this is the crux of the matter, most of us HAVE watched CM's programmes and we do not see a person who clearly loves dogs nor someone who uses kinds methods. He choked one dog till it's tongue went blue, is that a kind method? I would really like your explanantion on what is kind about throttling a dog. I do not believe that his methods do result in a happy well balanced dog, they result in a dog that has completely shut down due to abusive techniques being used in it's 'training'.

Originally Posted by scarter View Post
I don't really know what you mean by extreme. I can't say I've seen anything that I consider extreme.
See the programme on Shadow, he choked that dog until it collapsed gasping for breath with a blue tongue, all clearly visible in the programme.
What the vast majority of us do not understand is how people such as yourself cannot see that all this pulling and poking and jabbing and kicking of dogs is not a form of abuse.
I watched one programme about a mini Bull Terrier, the owner was told to walk along and everytime it didn't do as it was told to kick the dog, or nudging as the CM lovers would have you call it.
CM is a bully and a thug, his programmes do not demonstrate a love/passion/affection for dogs nor indeed any depth of knowledge of canine learning behaviour nor body language.
And yes I would tell him to his face.
Becky
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2009, 10:58 AM
How has it come back and bit me on the ass, pray do tell? Gnasher was not telling the truth was she. Tai is a dog not a wolf as she suggested. I rest my case. And for your information I have made contributions on a lot of threads, If I have something to say I will post, I have nothing to say on CM that others haven't said already, doesn't stop me reading the thread does it? Or are we not allowed to read threads now?
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2009, 11:01 AM
Originally Posted by Heather and Zak View Post
How has it come back and bit me on the ass, pray do tell? Gnasher was not telling the truth was she. Tai is a dog not a wolf as she suggested. I rest my case.
Gnasher was joking wasn't she! You made yourself look foolish by trying to ridicule Gnasher, when she was actually having a bit of lighthearted fun I rest my case
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2009, 11:03 AM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
And again!

rune
Bored today are we? *shakes head in disgust*
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2009, 11:11 AM
Gnasher was joking wasn't she! You made yourself look foolish by trying to ridicule Gnasher, when she was actually having a bit of lighthearted fun I rest my case
Well it is a serious discussion, how are we supposed to know she is joking she has already told us on many occasions that Hal was a wolf cross, so is that a joke as well?: What are we to believe? And I think you are making yourself very foolish now maybe have a cuppa and calm down dear.
Closed Thread
Page 64 of 84 « First < 14 54 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 74 > Last »