Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2007, 11:01 AM

Just had Interview - not sure what to make of it

Well all, just had an interview for a job I'd really like to do and only me, I was late...by a whole day!!!! BUT they saw me anyway.....not sure how it went, they said it would last 30 minutes and it lasted 45 and I think I gave ok answers to all the questions but I am supposed to have a related degree but I don't but I do have a great deal of experience dont know what to think. There is one permanent post and 3 temp posts (for 3 years) I'd love the job and think I'd be great at it

But then I was also meant to have an interview Monday past with the same organisation for a different less paid job, but had to call off as I was really sick. So as I was getting shown round the guy who was maent to interview me on Monday went to see the guy who interviewed me today and then came to find me and offered me a new interview date - next Fri.

Don't know what to think, does that mean the 1st guy doesnt think I am good enough for todays post but might be ok for the other one, does it mean he may offer me a temp post but then I could have the opportunity to choose - lesser paid permanent or more paid temp??? I am sort of thinking if I was a complete waste of time he'd have told the guy not to bother interviewing me for the job I missed.

Very confused. I would reallly like the one from today but ...who knows.

Anyone any ideas??? And PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can we put in to action "THE POWER OF DOGSEY". Loads of positive vibes and thoughts would be appreciated.????

Thanks
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2007, 11:23 AM
I hope you get the job you want, I hate job interviews so I never have an interview unless I am sure I am just what they want You are so brave
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

07-12-2007, 11:33 AM
Not a lot you can do now. Try not to let your mind churn over it too much though.

One thing worth bearing in mind is the fact you said you were meant to have a related degree but you don't. They knew that before deciding you were suitable for interview.

Chocolatey Vommitty smelling fingers crossed for you !
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2007, 11:37 AM
Fingers crossed for you...please keep us updated!!! Im sure you will have done fine.... xxxxxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-12-2007, 11:57 AM
Good luck hope you get the job you want everything crossed.xx
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2007, 12:00 PM
Good luck, hope you get the job you want, sending bucket loads of positive vibes your way
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2007, 12:38 PM
Fingers crossed,sounds as if you interviewed well if it lasted longer than the 30mins and as Phil said, you got the interview without the relevant degree.

Good luck and let us know thew outcome
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-12-2007, 12:47 PM
Well I wish you loads of luck regardless of what's happens, but at least you know you gave it your very best shot even if your were a day late for the interview.
I-mac77
Almost a Veteran
Male 

07-12-2007, 01:57 PM
MAybe he thinks you would be grate for the company, but he may not have finished his set of interviews so may not have made his mind up.

You should go to the interview and see what happens. If you get this other job, you might be able to make a move into the original role you were after anyway.

We'll all be keeping our fingers crossed for you
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2007, 07:17 PM
Thanks guys for your positive vibes and feedback. The other interview is next Friday so will update you after that. he had a whole day of interviews today aswell as yesterday and when I missed yesterdays appt. he phoned to ask why and I said I was sure it was Fri(which I was absolutely determined of - blond moment me thinks!!!), so he offered to see me first thing. So I suppose thats a reasonable sign ???

Thanks to all, but yeah "sir Mac" you could be right, ... any job in that line with taht company would be great and who knows what the future holds...

Thanks all
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >