Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Casi_Winchester
New Member!
Female 

02-01-2010, 03:55 PM

Help! ebay :(

Okay so my little sister loves the show supernatural and yesterday she was on my mum's ebay account. She accidently bought 4 signed posters but she didnt pay now through pay pal. I keep trying to ring the seller to tell him the problem but his phone is busy, if i keep trying him will he be able to sort it out? There will be trouble if my mum finds out
Thankyou x
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2010, 03:56 PM
He may expect her to pay for all four regardless. Goodluck.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-01-2010, 04:35 PM
Try e mailing him. Won't there have been a confirmation e mail sent to your mum's email confirming she is the 'lucky' bidder???
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2010, 04:38 PM
You don`t `accidentally` buy stuff on ebay - you are asked to confirm first. So yes - there will be trouble!
Most sellers are approachable. But it`s your mum`s account so she`ll have to contact him.
oops.
Casi_Winchester
New Member!
Female 

02-01-2010, 05:59 PM
Yeah well my sister is 8 so she doesnt really no what she is doing. Thanks for you kind words!!!!
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-01-2010, 09:43 AM
What is the value of the goods? It is a contract and I think it will be down the discretion of the seller and how charitable they are feeling!! I bet your mum will make sure she logs out of her ebay account in future now

I am a mum to 3 kids of similar age and I have to say that even though I would be cross I would also think it was my fault really as I should have been looking at what she was doing on the internet and maybe set my parental controls properly. I would tell your mum and let her deal with it.

Good luck xx
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2010, 09:49 AM
tbh, I would tell your mum so that she is aware, with all due respect I wouldnt be happy that an 8yr old was on the internet unsupervised, and your mum should have her accounts with more security so that your sister cant access it. she could have found something alot worse than ebay...
Mese
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-01-2010, 05:12 PM
You may find that the seller will want paying ... im not sure as I dont sell on ebay but I think he will have to pay a fee regardless now
and tell your Mum to log out of her account in future , lol
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-01-2010, 05:26 PM
Originally Posted by Casi_Winchester View Post
Yeah well my sister is 8 so she doesnt really no what she is doing. Thanks for you kind words!!!!
Hi Casi your Mother's Ebay account is her responsibility and it is up to her to keep her account and password safe.

Whoever used the account and sanctioned the purchase has entered into a contract with the seller . The seller may agree to void the sale but they are perfectly within their rights to make the purchaser pay.

Sorry if this sounds harsh but Ebay can't have people saying that they didn't mean to buy things a child did it or the whole system of trust on which Ebay is based would break down.

There will be trouble if my mum finds out
Thankyou x
ETA You need to tell your Mother or the seller may give her negative feedback or report her to Ebay.
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

03-01-2010, 06:00 PM
I agree. If the seller is still full of Christmas cheer then you're OK. Otherwise, a contract has been entered into. Either way, you want to look at the virtual and physical security of that PC with regards to unauthorised people accessing financial accounts.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >